SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

What's you REAL name ?

toomuchglass
15 years ago

------ as I asked in the wrong forum ! DUH !!!

Mine's Kathy - toomuchglass

Comments (67)

• craft4fun
    15 years ago

craft4fun = Jennie in Mississippi

• Momof6
    15 years ago

Momof6...(no explantion needed I'm sure)....Mary

• Related Discussions

What's your REAL name ? ( first only )

Q

Comments (7)
    Up above the posts you'll see "[Switch to: Conversations]" just click on that and it will take you to the Conversation side... I still don't see it, but mine is easy, I'm Kathy
    ...See More

Do you know real name of this rose?

Q

Comments (32)
    Hi there Nothingness, what part of the world do you live in? Perhaps someone else who lives in the same county or shire bought the same rose and you might find them at a local rose society. Also, if you live in a cold climate, I believe your rose may possibly be less likely to be a China or Noisette, though it could be related to one of those classes. I've grown or cared for in a public garden, all the roses mentioned so far on this thread and am of the opinion that, your rose isn't any of those. Although the foliage and pedicals are quite different, the bloom shape and color makes me wonder if your rose is related to Mlle. Cecille Brunner' which has been in commerce since 1881, perhaps someone might do a search on helpmefind.com of roses bred from Cecille Brunner, or open pollinated seedlings of it. Anyhoo, I went to the vintagegardens.com website which is a very good reference, though the nursery is closed. I looked at all the photos available on Polyantha roses and didn't see your rose there. by the way, I have a few questions that might help i.d. it, How old is your rosebush? -what is the largest it has ever been? which climate zone do you live in? is your rose fragrant at all? -is it sweetly fragrant? -or does it have a spicy scent, or a combination of the two scents? I love your rose and sure hope you find out its name, I like the thought of a study name; I'd suggest 'Grace', for it is full of grace. Good luck and best wishes in your endeavor, Lux.
    ...See More

You made me look up the REAL name...

Q

Comments (17)
    Our Applesauce Pie was just a graham cracker crust, a quart of applesauce (we always sweetened and added cinnamon when making the sauce), and probably 2-3T. cornstarch. Mix the sauce and cornstarch together and pour into the crust. Bake until thickened (30-40 minutes I would guess). Serve warm with a little evaporated milk poured over it (LOL...yes, that's how we served it!!). You could add other spices (cloves, nutmeg, vanilla, etc.) to taste. You could add a finely chopped apple to give it some chunkiness. Raisins? Nuts? The options are endless. We never did any of that. Just simple, warm and satisfying, like a bowl of oatmeal or Mac 'n' Cheese! Deanna
    ...See More

Cyber name + real name

Q

Comments (58)
    Nice to see you, bunnyman...I never use the name Michael in my world...always hated it when my mom called me that....Being here and people using it, more or less endears me to the name to the point where it doesn't bother me anymore. My mom reminds me of my namesake every now and then. At least she didn't name me Bob.
    ...See More
  • coloredthumb
    15 years ago

Elaine aka CT shortened from aka coloredthumb because no matter what i'm doing from gardening to painting to cooking my thumbs end up the color im working with.

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Cindee is my real name(-:

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

Hi, I'm Rach.

I collect chickens....at last count I had over a 1000 pieces. That makes me chickencollecter. And yeah, I know that's spelled wrong but I haven't figured out how to change the spelling yet.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Oh, I love this thread. I will save it to my files since my memory really stinks, LOL.
    Everyone knows I'm Karen since I sign it to my posts. So I'll explain the weird purple moon thing. I kept trying to think of a neat name to start posting with and was a blank.
    I decided to take two of my favorite things in the world...the moon, and the color purple. Even tho it sounded kind of dumb. But I felt MUCH better a few weeks after I started using it, when I stumbled across this little poem.

"Misty hazes float over the emptiness of my mind
    As I close my tear filled eyes to finally find
    A quiet place where fairies dance Under a purple moon they have a chance"

hugs, Karen

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Susiesunshine ~~~~ my name is
    Susan Jean..... Grammie Jean...
    But lots of Friends & Family called me....
    Little Susie Sun Shine... when I was growing up...
    cause I use to spend a lot of time outside in the
    sun shine.... and I was always trying to cheer everyone up and I would try to tell them....
    SUNSHINE is GOOD for you ! ! !
    I'm still trying to spread the word....
    and I'm still trying to be
    sweet & cheer people up....
    It seems Mostly.... Here on Garden Junk....
    I have found.... YA ' LL always....
    Cheer me up L@@King at your COOL Garden ART ! ! !
    Thanks !
    God Bless !
    Susiesunshine
    (

• wannadanc
    15 years ago

Real name is Vicki - mother saw the original "A Star is Born" with Janet Gaynor (not Judy Garland) back during her pregnancy - loved the leading lady's name: Vicki Lester - and there you have it.

Now - as to "wannadanc"- fact is that I am not at all fond of dancing. However, back in the early days of AOL and computer stuff - I needed a screen name that didn't reveal my own, and while "wannafish" or "wannagarden" would have been a more accurate monniker, I chose "wannadanc". The reason for the missing "e"? AOL limited one's screen name to 9 letters back then. Actually, it has worked well for me - the misspelling.......and I use it a LOT now. I also have another one: "fungusgnat" - now how precious is that? LOL

Vicki

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Real name is Pat. Family still calls me Patsy.
    Back in my 30s a friend of mine and I decided that when we went out "honky tonkin" we needed names. Hers was Blanche and she dubbed me Fern. Since I am from Texas I just put them together.

• laura1
    15 years ago

I'm still new here and you'll just have to GUESS my real name! I've been a memeber of GW for a pretty long time and I guess I wasn't feeling very creative that day!
    I wanted to use some thing with LOL in it since I was living in Land O'Lakes but I knew everyone would think it was the OTHER LOL....lol
    Laura :-)

• southerncomfort
    15 years ago

My real name is Laura, I live in South Carolina(southerncomfort). Hasnt been to much southerncomfort with the heat wave we've been having. LOL

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

My real name is Kathy or Kathleen (depending upon how many other Kathys are around). I always joke that it is the most common name in the world. My nick - luna llena feliz - means happy full moon in Spanish. It is my nickname over at MSN too. Being the incredibly plump woman that I am, I thought full moon was appropriate and I am usually happy. I thought it sounded so exotic too. I pronounced it Loona Layna Faleez until I found out the correct pronunciation in Spanish is Loona Yayna Faleez. Oops! Still sounds exotic!

It is good to meet everyone! I just love this forum and come for my daily dose of inspiration and friendship!

• desertrat1
    15 years ago

My name is Julie -Julie Bobana bana bo boolee, fee fi fo foolee, Julie! I sign mostly with Jules and in true life only a few people actually call me Jules (my sister and a couple friends). Mom called me Ju-Ju when I was real little. I use Desertrat1 as my screen name only becasue I live out in the desert. and (hopefully I'm not a rat, but sometimes perhaps a pack rat). :-)
    Love, Jules

• tasymo
    15 years ago

Another Kathy here! Boy, there are a bunch of us!!

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

I go by Cherry which is ANOTHER nickname,lol. KudzuKween because I'm from Mississippi and Kudzu is hard to get rid of, like all my junk, and I'm the Kween of junk around here :)
    Happy Junking.....Cherry

• bgw1
    15 years ago

My name is Belinda, just used my initials, I never got the "use a screen name so you can feel more free to ...." "to create an online personna" nope, never understood this. Wouldnt be any differant if I used some made up name or used my own. It is interesting to see how you came up with your user names! And it feels like knowing someone now that there's a name to put with it!

• textilejo
    15 years ago

My real name is Joanne and I live in Nova Scotia Canada.

The textilejo is because I get called Jo a lot, to my granddaughter I"m Jo Jo:-) and when I joined I worked in a textile plant which is now sadly closed down.

I don't post a lot now but I do read:-)

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

I'm Kathy, aka Kathylina from Central Florida. I'm a lurker for about a month now, and till I collect enough Junk to do something with and post pics. I seem to have collected thinking if I just had this one other thing I'll be ready to glue it together! LOL So until then I shall lurk and look at all the creations of you fellow junkers! :) I'm working on totems and some other "stuff" haha!

I came up with SouthernCharm because of my family. All of the southern hospitality, quality time, love for good soul food, lots of humor, and enjoying life to it's fullest even when it's not always so great. Learning to make good out of bad, kinda goes with being a junker! LOL

My other nickname comes from my BIL he can't believe I'm just Kathy so he started calling me Kathylina, so now my family calls me that and my kids call my Kaffywina when they are being playful. It's kinda catchy. LOL

Anywho, since there are so many Kathy's here maybe I should just sign with Kathylina. hehe It's great to have stumbled upon such a wonderful place with so many wonderful people!

• virgogirl67
    15 years ago

Barb...a.k.a. virgogirl67. Pretty easy to figure out. I'm a virgo (not the negative minded kind though) born in '67, and I am a girl. Original, huh? We have quite the Virgo clan on my side of the family...we all try to work it in where we can. I'm usually at my best when I have time to get my hands muddy. Being an Earth sign, that always helps my psyche!

By the way..thanks Rita for the "MapQuest" directions how to get to this conversation side. Been looking for a couple days, finally gave up until I saw the post pop up on the "other" side again. :)

• pa.gardenlady
    15 years ago

Hi,
    pa.gardenlady= Carol:)

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

My "real" name is Mary Eleanor, after both grandmothers but I only get called that if Mom is really ticked off. (Even now!)

You all have seen me sign my posts Mimi. I've been called Mimi by everyone for as long as I can remember. My DH signed me on to GW with Princess Mimi since my grandfather always called me his princess. (I was the only girl in my generation.) I now have five sons. I figure that makes me the "Queen of Everything!" hee! hee!

• caroleena
    15 years ago

I'm Carolyn aka caroleena. a coworker used to call me that and it kind of stuck

• jiju
    15 years ago

Hi, My name is Julie. My other halfs name is Jim. Hence, jiju!!!

• cait1
    15 years ago

Ummmm.... Cait. Now how boring is MY screen name! HA! I had to add the number 1 cuz someone was already using Cait.
    BUT... during the first part of my life I was called CATHY!! Gosh, there are plenty of those here. When I was like 8 or something my sister used to sing 'Ka Ka Ka Katie, beautiful Katie.. you're the only g g g girl that I adore.' Does anyone besides me know that song? Anyway, she said she was going to call me Katie and I had a fit cuz the way she sang the song made it sound terrible. Then when we were teens (I'm only 2 years younger than her) she decided to change her name and said I had to change mine to Kate and that we would call each other by our new names. But cuz my name is Catherine and I didn't like the way Cate looked, I started spelling it Cait - but I was 18 by then. I didn't actually begin to use the name Cait until I was 25 and quit my job and started travelling. Took my parents a long time to call me Cait, my other siblings, too. I don't even know who that 'Cathy' chick is anymore! HA!
    (do I write too much?? If I'm boring just let me know) CAIT

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Cait--trust me--you are never boring! ;o)

What a fun post this was to read--I've often wondered about some of your screen names!

If I would have known I could use my "real" name when I signed up, I would have. I chose "luvstocraft" because that's what I've always loved to do. Real name is Kay, but I've signed "Luvs" so many times on these forums that I sometimes forget and even sign my emails that way! LOL

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Hello, My name is Brenda and I am a junk-a-holic!! LOL! It is very fun... Bright199...DH used to call me 'bright eyes' but someone had that name so they assigned me #199.

• Crafty Gardener
    15 years ago

Linda aka Crafty Gardener

The Gardener Side

The Crafty Side

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

my gosh, CG, you are one busy lady. "Craftygardener" sure neailed it for you! Have bookmarked your sites to browse more. I had no idea!!
    I got a very big LOL out of Coloredthumb's story. I can relate to that, especially if it involves any form of paint.

love this thread,
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Jeannespines - my name is Jeanne.

I love "pine trees" ... we planted a couple acres some years ago and it is where my secret garden is located...and my log swing. It is my place of meditation.. my outdoor church. It is where I feel closest to God. It is a place where I can smile or I can cry. It was my healing place when I was hospitalized for 2 months and then rehab for another month (2 yrs. ago)...I could go there in my mind and it saved my body and soul. So, hence, Jeannespines... a peaceful place to go.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm glad I Asked ! I feel like I made a whole bunch of new "personal" friends !

• countrygrl
    15 years ago

My real name is Carol, but I'll also answer to Carol Jeanie(my sister calls me that), or Martha(my daughter sometimes calls me that. Believe me, it has nothing to do with Martha Stewart!! I can't remember why she started calling me that, except that it is a character from some movie. I guess I better ask which one!)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Yes, "Martha", ask her, inquiring minds want to know. LOL. The stories behind the names, and getting to know all of you a little better, is such fun. Jeanne, I understand how such a special place would help you heal. It sounds so beautiful there.

hugs, Karen

• lilycrazy
    15 years ago

My name is Monica...... been around the Garden Web for a long time !!!

• kat4kittens2002
    15 years ago

my real name is kathryn...kat4kittens2002..katrat was a nickname my uncle gave me as a kid (i didnt like it!)..kat is short for kathryn..4 kittens stands for my 4 children..
    everyone calls me kathy(except for family of course lol)

• donna37
    15 years ago

I haven't been here for ages, used to check in daily, just now getting back in the groove. Guess no big guess as to my name. lol.
    Donna

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

My last name has gold in it and I have two ponds and a creek on my two and a half acres.My grandmother who was Russian called me something like Zeldatiya endorchicka well it meant Golden grandaughter.For my blonde hair.
    Thus Golden pond. I go by Blondeponder in my webshots ALBUM because golden pond was taken and I don't know how to change to Blonde ponder here!
    cait -----I do remember That song!!!!!!!
    K-K-K-katie ,K-K-K-Katie,
    your the only K-K-K-Katie I adore.
    Whe-en the moon shines
    over the cow shed,
    I'll be waiting at your K-K-K-kitchen door!

• akup_a
    15 years ago

I'm ah runnin' a bit late here on this post.
    When I see people's user names, I try to figure out why that name was chosen. So, it's great to hear the whys.
    My real name is Vickie (Vic) and I'm from Texas.
    I love the British sitcom, Keeping Up Appearances with Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bookay). She is always trying to be more than she really is and gets herself into some sticky situations (think of Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy). She is always bragging on her hand painted, periwinkle blue, Royal Dalton cups & saucers.
    I'm known as Keeping Up Appearances (aka - kup) on a decorating board so, I put a twist on it and came up with akup_a. It reminds me to be - me.
    akup_a ~ Vic

• butterbeanbaby
    15 years ago

I was here a loooooong time ago (try about nine years or so) and just came back so probably no one remembers me. Kids, depression, and bipolar got in the way of gardening and crafting. My real name is Holly and now I take lots of meds LOL.

Butterbeanbaby comes from my first critter... she was a *ahem* plump baby (9.12 oz and all the nurses could say when they were cleaning her up was "oh my gosh, look at her LEGS!!!) so I called her "momma's little butterbean". Happy to say she's now a thinned out and very athletic nine year old, trailed around by her four year old brother who I call "bug" on a good day, and "the pillbug" on a not so good day. So perhaps I should be butterbeans_and_pillbugs?

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

butterbeans_and_pillbugs....has a nice ring to it. LOL
    Welcome back Holly. Tho I wasn't here when you were, so nice to meet you now. Hope the gardening and crafts are getting back in full swing and the bipolar is under control.
    I can empathize with depression, and sometimes "drugs are our friends". LOL (please don't anyone take that wrong!!)

hugs, Karen

• mayme
    15 years ago

Mayme is my real name. A bit unusual so
    why not use it. If I used a made up name
    I'd probably forget it anyway!
    Mayme

• lindasewandsew
    15 years ago

I'll give you three guesses what my real name is, that is me AND about half the females my age, lol. I'm a life long sewer, and my DGKs started sewing at a couple of months old. They won't be able to remember when they didn't sew. DH gave me the Linda Sew & Sew name. Linda

• sapphiregirl
    15 years ago

Well since I'm a virgo, and my birthstone is sapphire...hence...sapphiregirl. My real name is Diane. I'm
    happily married (35yrs.) with 2 grown children and live in florida. I'm fairly new here, and already feel so comfortable posting questions as well as responding to many wonderful ideas. My wish of finding what to do with years of leftovers, and whatnot has finally come true. What creativity at Garden Junk..Feel like a kid in a candystore... :)de (my forever nic name).

• grandmabarb
    15 years ago

grandmabarb-------Barb
    Have 5 Grand daughters , Thats what they
    call me! From Wisconsin

• daisyme
    15 years ago

My name is Gail aka Daisyme! I chose Daisy because I love them because they're fresh, uncomplicated and happy, which are things I'm trying to be since my retirement. So there you go! It's fun to read how everyone has chosen their name. It's a great thread!

• jlily
    15 years ago

My real name is Jane and the Lily is part of my last name.

Holly I remember you. It's good to see you back. I am a sometimes poster these days. Old age is slowing me down. LOL Jlily

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Well, mine is easy! Marlene is my real name--I have a hard time remembering all of the user name/password combinations that I have at home, work, etc. so I just kept it simple here. I live in Virginia on the same property I was born and raised on. Been married to my high school sweetheart for 30 years and we're about to take our only child to college next month. Pray for us! It is going to be an adjustment, but I know that many of you have already been through it. Any ideas on coping are much appreciated! I've really enjoyed the Garden Junk site and have been very inspired and its wonderful that there are so many others around who share the same joys I do! God bless each one of you!

• jeaninwa
    15 years ago

mine is easy too......My name is Jean, and I live in Washington state! LoL
    I'm an old timer. How old? I remember when Holly was pregnant with her 4 year old! LoL
    I've moved on and up since then. On to other things and up to a third floor apartment with a very small balcony.
    No room to do much garden junking unfortunately.
    Does anyone here remember the Polish Balls? The Full Moon Festivals?

• spedigrees z4VT
    15 years ago

My real name is Marcia, but my dad is the only surviving person who ever calls me that.

Marci is how I am known to friends and other relatives.

SPedigrees is my online name, SP for short. I used to research dog pedigrees and my business name was Sudlowe Pedigrees.

Each one of these names feels right to me in its place, but 'not right' out of context. I'm most comfortable using my online name for forum postings, and I call others what they wish to be called, whether by their real name or nom du plume (or should I say, nom du keyboard.)

• jutes
    15 years ago

My name is Judy
    I bet yall couldn't guess that....I wish I had picked out something better, I picked Jutes because my DH of 30 years calls me that sometimes. And I like it when he dose, so I picked that.
    glad to meet all of yall
    Judy from the south
    "Hotlanta"

• Vique_Pa
    15 years ago

My name is Victoria, hence vique ( vicky)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus