SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrea_san_diego

Teeny Weeny Eggplant!!!

andrea_san_diego
15 years ago

Way back in early March I planted mini eggplant seed that I'd had hanging around for a couple of years and I wasn't even sure if the seeds were still viable. It took awhile for them to germinate but I had about 10 plants. Today I just picked a big Easter basket full of the little guys. They are so cute! They're about the size of large cherry tomatoes and even grow in clusters like cherry tomatoes.

I pulled up the plants, as it is time to plant my winter garden, and started throwing them in the basket. Out of all of the plants all of the little guys were perfect. No rot, no insect damage, just beautiful.

I've never cooked eggplant before but since they are so small I thought that I could add them to a stir-fry or roast them with onion and garlic. Does anyone out there in vegetable land have any favorite eggplant recipes they'd like to share?

I must save some seed for next year and I'll try the method I saw in an older post. I imagine that the process is the same no matter what size the veggie is. Below are pics I took this morning of the harvest.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (13)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County