SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

wow - my life -- it's a rollercoaster

toomuchglass
16 years ago

First off .... I'm sorry for not being here . I miss everyone ! I'll try & give the Reader's digest "condensed" version of the past few months . There's so much info that goes with each paragraph .. ... Never mind the details -- I'm just telling you the outcome .

**** My 91 year old FIL lived with us ... after tons of legal processes - we got him into a nursing home.

It was doubtful at first - but now it's for good.

**** We got rid of his stuff - NOW , my home is my own again.

**** 4 snowstorms ago - I shovelled . My RIGHT arm hurt . ( I'm right handed ) In 2 days - I couldn't move it any more . I was dying of pain . Saw one doc that gave me pain pills ...... went to an orthopedist that gave me a cortisone shot in the shoulder . It was great - he recommended therapy. I went .

*** I quit therapy after 2 sessions.

*** Last Sunday - a couple days ago ... My Beloved Ellie ... my Rottie died . ( Ok -- a few details here because I'm so broken up about this )

I adopted Ellie when she was 10 ... we got this poor dog , overweight by about 30 pounds , she was giving up on life ... was on her last leg .We slimmed her down ... got her healthy ... spolied her rotten & brought joy into her life like she never knew existed . We had a

re-born puppy . I've never felt so good. I guess old age finally claimed her at the age of 13+ ... Sunday night, She laid on her blanket and "went to sleep" .... (I'm devistated) ....

**** AFter finding Ellie on her blanket in the morning ...

***I tried pulling the blanket out from under her ( To cover her with ) I used my right arm . I felt something SNAP in my bicep ........ It was like a lightening bolt of pain shooting through my whole arm . I saw stars ... fell to the ground holding my arm in pain ...

** So - that's pretty much the story (except for boring details ) ...

Oh YEah --- when my arm felt good - I signed up for a craft fair in May . Hurting or not - I gotta do this .

Love you garden junkers !!

Kathy

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions