SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
senortequila

Moving Plants 2x Daily For Best Sunlight Exposure

SenorTequila
12 years ago

Hi All!

So I'm very very new to gardening, particularly gardening indoors but I've grew up with a gorgeous garden and now I'm in an apartment with no greenspace... so I had to do something!

My question is... I live in a loft with large windows that get great sun exposure at certain times during the day. The window in my living room faces Southeast and gets wonderful direct morning sun. my bedroom window faces south and gets excellent afternoon sun. I have plants growing well on my south facing bedroom window but some of them (my strawberry plants and my purple leaf sage) apparently require more than the 6 hours sun that my bedroom window can provide. Is it alright to carefully move them each morning to the living room window with the morning sunlight, and then move them back to the bedroom window for the afternoon sunlight?

Will this hurt my plants? Will it shock them? or is this ok and normal practice?

Thank you so much for your help... I don't exactly have a green thumb so any suggestions you guys have are appreciated!

Cheers!

-J

- Brooklyn, NY

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH