SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennabee_gw

Cordyline Fruticosa/Ti Plant brown spots on leafs... help!

jennabee
16 years ago

I just received a Ti Plant from Hawaii and I am growing it indoors here in California. I have a room where it received excellent bright, filtered sunlight. I received the plant almost a week ago and I have no replanted it because the roots dont seem to be touching the sides of the existing container too much and I know that repotting in a larger, roomier pot will cause the watering to be inconsistent.

I looked at the leaves today and there are little brown spots on almost each leaf that are brown, and on those areas the leafs are drying out. The spots are not necessarily on the tip of the leafs, just in random spots.

I don know if this is a pest thing or perhaps a watering and light thing. What is that usually a sign of?

I did noticed that the soil seems to retain a lot of water, as I have not watered it once since receiving it, because it was very damp upon arrival, almost too wet to the touch. Now it is just very moist. I have a sneaking suspicion that the soil is not very free-draining and that it can hold a lot of moisture for a long time. Perhaps the roots are rotting? Should I mist it more frequently to provide humidity?

I dont want to watch this guy die. It wasn't a cheap plant, and I want to be successful with it!

Comment (1)