SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debnfla8b

Flordaking peach tree

17 years ago

Hi everyone, I had this on Microfarmers peach canning post, but realized I was being rude! I wasn't thinking when I put this on their post...I'm sorry!

I just bought myself a Flordaking Peach. I live in Panama City, Florida which is 8b in North Florida.

I have NO idea exactly what I am supposed to do with it! I remember Daddy having peach trees but not what he did with them. I don't understand about pruning, nor spraying. I read that you keep the middle open for sunlight to hit the fruit. I read that you spray dormant spray in December or January, something called Bomide before the blooms pop and then when the fruit is being set.

What I don't understand is the spraying; doesn't it penetrate the fruit and make it inedible? Or am I completely wrong?

I just know that I have wanted a peach tree for 16 years and finally found one just for Florida! Please try to explain to me about what I need to do now. Or point me in the right direction to read about it. I know all the questions have been asked a thousand times and will happily hunt the information down if I am just told what I need to look for.

Thank you for any information that will help me enjoy my peach tree.

Deb

Comments (3)