SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tennesseetrash

What china and other kitchenware do you collect ?

tennesseetrash
15 years ago

Luvstocraft was showing us some of her lovely rose patterned china. I thought it'd be interesting to see what other GJers collect in their kitchen ... dishes, flatware, glassware, etc.

The china I collect is Jadeite, and also Homer Laughlin's Jubilee. Both were produced in the 1930's thru 1960's time zone approximately. Laughlin created Fiesta, and Jubilee is similar to that, but the 4 interchangeable colors are Celadon Green, Mist Gray, Shell Pink and Cream Beige, and the plates are a bit thinner which I like for serving. I love being able to mix the colors, or do all green, all gray, all pink, or all beige!

I also collect old peanut butter glass, the Hazel Atlas clear type, and Swanky Swig glasses, which is the painted glass that Velveeta, jelly or peanut butter came in back in the 1930's thru the 1950's.

Last but not least, I collect Watt Ware. I have 7 pieces, 5 inherited pieces and 2 pieces from my best friend. Dairy products used to come in these beautiful yellow ware bowls. They are the beige bowls that usually have a deep red apple with a couple of green leaves painted on as the decoration.

Once upon a time, our groceries came in something besides plastic. Amazing that these old pieces are still with us! I'll try to get some photos up of these things soon! Show us your collections! ~tenderlee

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!