SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adrock1_gw

brand new peach tree. what and when for first spray.

adrock1
9 years ago

So I ordered my very first fruit tree, a cresthaven peach, and its due to arrive thus week. Mynplanting site is all prepared. By the weekend I should have a brand new bare root tree in the back yard.

If been doing lots of reading on maintenance. In particular spraying. Despite my best efforts I have failed to find a clear concise basic spray schedule to include the desired chemicals and timing. I'm learning tidbits here and there though. I've got some Bonide Fruit Tree & Plant Guard on the way. Which should be at least a simple starting point till I can learn what I really need to do.

With all that said if someone can offer a simple basic spraying schedule for the greenville sc area that includes easily accessible products for a rookie like me it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway on to the most pressing issue. Once this brand new bare root tree is comfortably in the ground at what point do I start a regular spray schedule and what would be the first product(s) I need?

I just want to make sure that if the tree needs anything imediatley after planting that I'm prepared to do it.

Thanks all!!

Comments (10)