SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denninmi

You do know I hate you all -- especially you apple guys and gals!

denninmi
13 years ago

Well, not really, you're all a great group. Just a REALLY BAD INFLUENCE. Pushers, pedlars are what you are, of my drug of choice, which is fruit trees.

I really have to stop now, for real. Especially with the apples. I should stop reading any thread that seems to contain variety reviews. Just stick to the cultural ones, about spraying and so forth.

I've got 10 potted up to go in the ground from mail order -- Coconut Crunch, Viking, Corail/Pinova, Hawaii, Pitmaston Pineapple, a replacement Egremont Russet for the one the voles ate to death this past winter. I might have 2 mystery apple grafts that make it (see my other post today).

I've picked up 6 trees at local garden centers in the past 3 days -- all due to a quest to replace the Honeycrisp the wind snapped off last weekend -- I found it, plus 5 others. Two of them are really cool 5 in 1's -- one is later-bearing varieties, the second is summer-bearing early varieties. I couldn't resist.

I seriously need to make a master list of all of the ones I have now. I'm sure it's probably over 50 kinds now.

Oh yeah, I've got one last mail-order shipment coming -- from Raintree. Should be here any time.

I haven't the foggiest where I'm going to plant the last few of these. I do have a couple of spots where Bambi killed things last fall with his antlers by rubbing. But, 2 or 3 spots with 12 or more trees is a problem.

Please help me before I plant again!!! :-)

At least I should have enough fruit for 3 people, right?

Comments (13)