SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
airfun

Elmers Probond Glue

airfun
18 years ago

I had a couple of projects that didn't get finished...one is a tufa grot-pot, and the other a faux bois small log planter that will straddle a 2X6 deck rail. I'm wondering, now that they have cured and dried if I soak them, apply the glue, and some glue to the water in the mix, will it stick?

There's been many discussions about this, but it seems most times the already made part hasn't fully cured and dried? These have, they were wrapped in plastic and misted for a few weeks, but that was a couple months ago. The pot is my biggest concern, it will be for inside, but I'm worried about the face flaking off. Should I consider it just a pot, or can I still make it a grot? :)

The log planter I'm thinking is more likely to be ok, all I've made so far is the straddle part, but it has hardware mesh embedded and sticking up to be the sides of the log.

I've cleared off 2 sections of kitchen counter and brought them in from the garage, but wanted to get some thoughts/ideas from this group before I started mucking about. At least it's still warm enough to do the messy mixing outside :)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH