SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgiagreen

Fireblight bomb

georgiagreen
13 years ago

This year has been horrible with fire blight at my house.

Most trees I have at my house a gowing in their second growing year unless otherwise noted.

Asian pears, (nitaka) Already pulled out due to blight, (Shinsui) Half the tree affected, (yoinashi) did not bloom and has no blight on it, (Korean Giant) my four year tree had no strikes while the two year old tree has several, (shinko) four year old tree had two little strikes, and a warren pear that had one major limb lost. The warren pear also fruited in its second year and from what I have read on here it usually is shy about bearing, so maybe this is not a warren.

Also all the asian pears suffered from rust real bad that has lead to many seconday infections. Can you spray immounox on pears like you do apples?

Apples (Hudson Golden Gem) 3/4 of the tree is gone, (galarina) sereval strikes, (redfree) Almost every bloom has blight, (Roxbury russet) many young shoots have infection, (kidd's orange red) No strikes, (goldrsuh) No strikes, (florina) No strikes, (Enterprise) No strikes, and (ashmead kernal) no strikes. (fuji) Three years old and may pull up due to amount of infection. This was the first year it has ever had blight.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz