SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eayeary

My dying Song of India

eayeary
12 years ago

I have a habit of collecting clearance plants and reviving them back into beautiful houseplants. However, this Song of India will be the death of me.

When I so kindly saved it from the clearance rack, I thought I could love it, light it, feed it and let it thrive. Much to my dismay, I have been completely duped.

First it had spidermites, then aphids, then some weird bug in the soil...after several types of insecticides (of course organic, natural ones first that didn't work then the tough stuff) I finally stuck it outside on the porch in the frost to perhaps kill off these invincible bugs. I had treated every plant in my house and all of them did well...this plant...not so much.

It started with three little trees in one small pot and then it has dwindled down to just one. This one has been locked in the back laundry room to hope some humidity will perhaps assist it on it's death bed.

It has lost all color and is currently the lightest pale white and light green known to man. However, the leaves have not completely fallen off. On top of that, it still has some funky brown spots (very small and random) on a few leaves that I cannot pin down as to what they are. The stalk is still green and alive.

Anyone know what I need to do to this thing to save it? I have nearly murdered it trying to get rid of bugs and it's definitely on its last leaf.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting