SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ltd123_gw

Do Not Make a Sphere on a Cheap Beachball

ltd123
18 years ago

Having enjoyed success with my first 2 spheres I assumed this was easy to do. I spent a buck at the Dollar Store and bought a Sesame Street beachball that was supposed to inflate to 24 inches. I finally got it to 17 and gave up. As I put mesh and Quickwall on it, I began to hear a tiny hiss. I found the leak and put the repair kit tape (included for that dollar!) over the hole. The hiss stopped. I continued. I finished a little more than half that sphere and returned to my wonderful $2.50 Walmart beachball which is making its 3rd sphere with no hissing. As I used the mesh and Quickwall on that ball, I glanced over at the cheap sphere. It looked a little lopsided but I decided it was just an illusion. A few minutes later it somehow shifted and leapt off its stand and rolled around on the filthy carport floor. The mesh started slipping and I decided to finish the thing immediately and hope for the best. It was like holding a gritty greased pig. By morning I may have a new shape to decorate. It certainly was losing all hope of being spherical by 8 pm.

The moral of this story is - it would probably be best to buy a ball thicker than a balloon to help you make a sphere.

Laura

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022