SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bergeby

pachira tips?

bergeby
10 years ago

Hey!
I'm pretty new to house plants, and all of the ones I have so far (just four, all different) are looking good, but I was wondering about specific tips to keep them from dying until I feel like I know what I'm doing!

My favourite of my plants is a 5-braid pachira, which is just under a foot tall. I got it from a good nursery so I know it wasn't mistreated, but I'm sure that the pot is too small and it's in regular potting soil still (I need to learn about what different mixtures I should make for optimal growth and health). I have it sitting on a table right against a northern facing window, so it gets morning sunlight. I've only watered it once since I got it (maybe two weeks ago), and I'm definitely going to use the skewer trick to check the soil.

How do pachira react to overpotting? I want to give the plant a little more time to adjust itself to the pot that it's in right now, but I would like to move it into a larger pot soon (partially to give it more room, and partially so I can repot it in a better soil mix).

Any tips would be really awesome!

Berg

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals