SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobboberan

My Sunflower vs Severe Ant attack solution

bobboberan
15 years ago

I admitt I am a new gardener and something really tested my wit , I was quite annoyed at the moment when I did this but after applying a 3 in 1 solution with sulfer 2 days in a row to a pair of sunflowers on the side of the house and just off to the side of one of my picture windows , I noticed a dark color on all the wilting leaves and the darkness seemed to be moving around like shadows ...well I flipped up one leaf and then another and then another and could clearly see why the sunflower stopped growing at 41inches in height ANTS !!! KAZILLIONS (more than 100 but less than a billion) of them . I was so annoyed I went straight into the house grabbed the can of RAID Earthblends MULTI-BUG KILLER and soaked all the leaves , stem , and ground with half the can . I was sure that much spray would have killed the sunflower but today it is 54 inches tall and doing okay . The sunflowers have not come out yet (bloomed)but these are the 12 inch husks and the plant reaches 6 to 8 feet tall soooooo it will be awhile for that one plant but its rival is now 69 inches tall ...'at 1.5 inches per day it should be soon . Its kind of a last resort measure but I hope this is a tip any of you can use it does work and currently any plants I've used this method on are still alive as long as 6 weeks later .

Comments (2)