SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
watergal_gw

Repotting - whew!

watergal
17 years ago

Today was supposed to get to about 62 degrees, and I was home from work, so I took advantage of the weather and hauled out ALL the houseplants that needed repotting (a couple dozen, give or take), plus all the cuttings I'd taken at work that have been rooting in water, plus my poor little neglected minicatt orchids, two phal orchids I rescued from work, and a clivia that had been attacked by mealybugs (I got rid of the mealy but killed off most of the plant in the process, but one crown had resolutely lived on). Went through three bags of potting mix and one of orchid mix. Whew. The plants look darn good now, and I'm tired! I'm hoping to sell the ones I'm bored with at the big neighborhood yard sale this spring, and maybe trade the extra minicatts for something.

I still have to prune and repot about a dozen hibiscus and treat for whitefly which is starting to sneak back in. That's a project for the next spare warm day... All the plants are hanging out in the living room until tomorrow so I have some room to work in the plant room - I need to check all the shop lights and figure out which ones are dead fixtures and which ones just have dead bulbs, and decide that I really want to spend the money on a cool new high-output T5 grow light to replace the crappy dead shop lights!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County