SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bihai

Did you ever wonder what that 4' pot you were about to buy....

bihai
16 years ago

...would look like "in situ"?

When I am about to buy a plant, no matter what the size, I try to imagine how it might grow in the wild.

These are some of my ideas on the subject, LOL. I know some of these plants don't even originate in the same country, LOL, but humor me...I try my best and that's all I can do.

Colocasias love water, so I tend to grow a lot of them in water. This little stand of multiflora "Black Marble" actually grows in the streambed. There are reed stem epidendrum orchids, dischidias, phal orchids and bromeliads, among other things, growing around it. Also a few palm trees, still young. Moss and Episcia line the entire streambed

{{gwi:80335}}

I don't even know exactly what this plant is. I call it a "white fittonia" but I don't think its a fittonia. It grows flat to the ground and has tesselated leaves, white with green veining. It grows under a Cananga odorata (Ylang ylang tree) with anthuriums, small Chamaedorea palms, peperomia, colocasia Milky Way, and other assorted stuff. I bought the little starter plant of this for a buck at a box store

{{gwi:80336}}

Comments (23)