SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eternalife

Help with bugs before next planting...

eternalife
14 years ago

I live in N. Dallas (Frisco) and I have had a pretty good garden this summer so far, but have had a TON of bugs. I mean a TON. I feel like there are way more than there should be.

After harvesting about two zucchini (one the size of a bowling pin!), they were destroyed by vine borers. I got two or three good ears of corn before all of my corn was destroyed. The jalapenos were good. The edamame was pretty good. The green beans were beautiful. The red swiss chard was nice, but a lot of my green chard got eaten. I got quite a few Texas onions that were nice, but small. My spinach was by and part eaten by bugs. I have Indian (mini purple) eggplants coming in now and I just pulled out my sweet potatoes a bit prematurely. They were delicious, but small and some of the ends were chewed on.

All this said, I really want to treat my garden ORGANICALLY after I pull everything out before I plant my Fall/Winter garden. Does anyone know if this is possible? Or, is it better to treat the plants while they are growing? I have never been able to grow broccoli because the bugs eat the leaves to death.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County