SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
antlers_gw

Need help identifying apple leaf problem

antlers
12 years ago

Long time lurker, first time poster.

With the help of information I have received here, I have done well with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries for the past several years. Regular posters like Glenn, Olpea, Harvestman and Scott should know the positive impact they have on many backyard orchardists like me. I have avoided many pitfalls by reading of your experiences. Thank you.

A couple years ago, I added some dwarf peaches and a few apples. I have followed Harvestman's suggested basic spray for apples/peaches from a post on Dec 18, '09 with success. Three sprays, Immunox, Captan, insecticide. My last spray this year was #2 (petal fall) done about two weeks ago. I live in Illinois about an hour SW of Chicago. Zone 5.

I would appreciate some input on a leaf issue I am having. Some leaves are yellowing along the vein of the leaf. (See the first two photos) A few leaves have also turned dark brown at the edges (See the last photo) This has happened suddenly and has worsened over the past two days. Weather here has been cold and very wet. I have other trees that are unaffected. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again for your time. Ken

{{gwi:91718}}

{{gwi:91721}}

{{gwi:91724}}

Comments (3)