SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tango88_gw

My Largest Faux Bois Ever...

tango88
19 years ago

Hello Group. What a week this has been! The cast products I've spent the last two years on are finally "on the truck" and heading out to retailers around Texas...and to top that, I just got the confirmation call on the biggest Faux Bois project I will have ever taken on! It's a 50-60 foot wide by 16 foot tall entry design for the Mercer Arboretum. An actual county project for Precint 4 in Houston! (please pardon all the exclaimation points...but !!!) I submitted the design many months ago never really expected to hear back from them, then POW! It's on! It will keep me busy around the clock for the next three months. I am as honored as I am stunned. The Mercer has become a world class arboretum thanks largely to the hard work and vision of it's director, Linda Gay. One terrific and dedicated lady. If you are ever down this way, take the time to check it out. It's way out on the northeast side of town, but definitely worth the drive.

As for the deign, I just posted the rough sketch that was approved in the album titled "Mercer" at the link below. Since Yahoo shrinks their pictures so much, there's no point trying to insert it here.

Just had to share my excitement & joy with all the wonderful folks here in 'Tufaland...heck, there's nobody around here today to badger with it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Mercer Sketch

Comments (39)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH