SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slate1

Faux bois armature

slate1
18 years ago

I guess this is addressed to Tango, but some-one else might have some input. Is the reo ( rebar) welded with a Mig Welder, or an Arc welder, for armature?

And can you weld or 'tack' the metal lath to the re-bar, or is it preferable to wire it together? Maybe the lath (called Expanded Metal here in Oz, or RenderLok ), will melt.

What kind of wire? There are many types. Soft and hard.

Obviously the soft is going to be easier to work with. Is galvanised lath unsuitable for use in concrete? Over here, anything made in stainless steel costs an arm and two legs.

And doing the search for supplies here takes twice as long, coz you gotta do a translation into Australian product terminology for the same product, before you can look for a supplier!

Funny, when I ask a supplier over the phone for a product I'm looking for, there's usually a long period of silence, before I get a response. If I ask some-one face to face, I usually get 'the look'...... Bewilderment, disbelief, or a cross between stunned and 'why would you?'

Oh well, life is short, do what you want to do.

Make things out of cement and Tufa.

Just be prepared to run the mile to find what you want to find, get what you want to get.

Any help on the previous questions would be very much appreciated,

Thanks,

Slate

Comments (11)