SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itsmekarak

Fall Garden Preparation Question

itsmekarak
15 years ago

Hi Everyone!

As some of you may have already read in a previous post, I am venturing out into fall gardening for the first time ever. For years I have had summer gardens, but always retired the gloves when fall hit. This year I am embarking on a new journey. There's only one problem...I don't know what in the world I am doing!!! =)

Therefore, can any of you brilliant and seasoned gardeners help me? I have researched planting guides and schedules for my area and they have been very helpful in knowing what to plant and when, however, after quite an exhausting research I have not been able to find how long my current summer plants will remain productive. I sure hate to pull up thriving and productive plants in preparation for my fall ones and wondered if this is what everyone does and if not, how do you know what will be ready to pull and when. Below is a list of my current summer vegetables. If anyone can give me an idea of how long I can expect these to keep producing it would be extremely helpful. Of course, I welcome any and all advice.

Happy Gardening - Kara

Cherry Tomatoes

Sweet 100 Tomatoes

Early Girl Tomatoes

Ancho Chili Peppers

Anaheim Peppers

Jalapeno Peppers

Yellow Bell Peppers

Green Bell Peppers

Summer Squash

Black-Eyed Peas

Cantaloupe