SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pepper71

When to call it quits. Aphids

pepper71
13 years ago

I have not given up on the crop this year just yet but I have been fighting Aphids all year long. In the beginning of the year it seemed that the neem oil did the trick for pretty much everything. Now in the summer months its not so effective. I Thought I was controlling the aphids with the neem oil here recently and before I could look back they took over my squash and cukes and even peppers. I know there is a root cause but at this stage I want to eliminate the ants that keep them around. I tried organicide , which stinks bad, and it did not seem to do much but smelled to bad to keep using it.I also tried the oil,garlic,soap which works but has to be rinsed off the plants and will stun them for a good while. I just bought a new bottle of neem oil so going to get that going. My main problem now is ants . They keep the aphids going strong I am going to try dematious earth and maybe some ant sticky traps.

OK back to my question. How can you tell if the plants have been ruined by the aphids . I believe they carry diseases?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz