SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawanddisorder

New fruit trees and berry bushes

lawanddisorder
11 years ago

I've wanted a garden and fruit trees/bushes for a few years, but live in a rental home and didn't want to plant them on the rental property just to move out a year or two later and have to leave the plants there start over at my new house.

Well, last year, I said screw it, and bought a seedless concord grape plant and a peach tree and put them in big container pottings and they survived the cold Cleveland winter without any problem.

Now, over the past few weeks, I went a little overboard and ordered blueberry, blackberry, boysenberry and raspberry bushes, two more peach trees, a 4 in 1 apple tree (w/ red mcintosh, red spy, red delicious, and yellow delicious), a brown turkey fig tree, two paw paw trees, an Illinois Everbearing Mullberry Tree, and a 2 in 1 Pear Tree (w/ Bartlett and Red Sensation), along with strawberries and an assortment of herbs.

All are planted in large containers, so hopefully when I move out of the rental property, I can take them with me. I am planning on training the trees into espalier form.

The peach and grape from last year look healthy and have plenty of buds and flowers, and my questions are:

1. Are there any fungicides or insecticides I should purchase to prevent any diseases or ailments to the plants?

2. Is there any specific fertilizer or hormone to increase fruit production?

3. Is there anything I should be worried about or anything I will want to monitor as it relates to them all being in containers?

Any information would be much appreciated, and if it is specific to a certain plant, please let me know which one!

Thanks!

Comments (8)