SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladylotus_gw

Low light house plants

ladylotus
11 years ago

I mostly garden outdoors and in my greenhouse. I recently started remodeling my house and would like to add some plants to the two rooms I've just remodeled to add some beauty and remind me of the outdoors.

My office, it faces mostly North and slightly West. It never gets direct sun coming in the large window but the room is fairly light when the sun is out.

I'm looking for 1 tall plant and several plants for my desk, and other furniture in the room. Any suggestions on the kind of plants that will grow under these very low lighting conditions? Hopefully, something pretty.

The second room is my master bedroom large bathroom, there are two very large windows facing West and one large window facing North. I want some ideas for pretty even unique trailing or mounding plants and perhaps a larger plant.

I saw a few different varieties of rhipsalis do you think they could tolerate the lower lighting? The tag indicated that they could...but I know from the outdoor plants the information is not always reliable.

I appreciate the advice.

Comments (23)