SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pezzuti9

Some success grafting persimmons (photos)

pezzuti9
14 years ago

Hi all,

Below are three of the four successful persimmon grafts that I did last season. Thanks to the generosity of Lucky

and English providing me with the scions I requested to get my 7-year-old Medar tree to possibly start producing fruit. Guided by Lucky I learned my tree was only producing male flowers hence the need for grafting.

To begin with I got 10 of the 12 grafts I did on the tree to take and produce leaves as well and grow last summer. Keep in mind that I did graft a few different varieties onto my tree. So now after going out and looking the tree over I find that only four survived the winter. Don't get me wrong I am quite pleased with that. Not having marked what varieties I placed where I can't say which type survived my zone 5 weather conditions. We did have a few days of heavy frost just lately.

I only took three photos of the grafted limbs hoping that you will be able to see the buds starting to swell. The fourth graft was a little too high on the tree for a photo but itÂs there I assure you.

I am very pleased with my self beining a new bee grafter and just using the instructions furnished to me by Lucky and English that there four did get to bud. Fruiting will be the next hurdle for me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks Lucky and England.

Lou NE, PA

{{gwi:82817}}

{{gwi:82819}}

{{gwi:82821}}

Comments (19)