SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garyfla_gw

Different methods.

garyfla_gw
16 years ago

Hi

I thought this might be a good forum to discuss various methods of culturing plants. Obviously here the first difference is using a pot.lol I live in S. Florida and many plants generally considered 'house plants' are used as

yard plants The only types I grow in the house are in a paludarium under artificial light.

One that I constantly run accross that seems so different from my own experience is water culture. Growing in water rather than soil.. I have grown a Ficus benjamina in standing water since 1982 and is still going strong. It was originally intended to become a Bonsai but when everybody started telling me it can't live in nothing but water . Decided to see lol Any other experiences with long term water culture.??

Another is using water as a media to start cuttings. I use several different methods but this one seems to give me the greatest succcess with many different kinds.

I push the cutting through a piece of styrofoam and place in a stocked aquarium. The number of times it works seems to be about 10 times an ordinary glass of water.

Any other methods you find work well??? gary

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville