SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orangedragonfly_gw

Poison Ivy

orangedragonfly
16 years ago

im wondering if anyone can help me. I was out this morning to clear a row of Tiger Lilies on the side of the house. I really want these things gone, they are so over grown and die well before they are supposed to ( I want to put some other form of perenial flower here) anyways. I just cut the stalks down to the grown and cleared away the brush. my neighbor came out and said that there was poison ivy there that her husband got it a few times (our property is divided by a fence. very close. anyways I was cutting stuff there last night too, and I havent gotten a rash, although I had PI last year, but I dont know were I got it from. How long does it take for poison ivy to show its ugly face? Wouldnt I have broken out with a rash today from being in this same patch last night?

I saw a special on PI the other day and they said to wash with a lye based soap, which I make so I came in and showered and turned the water heater up to wash the clothes I was wearing....

I really cant have poison ivy this weekend im going to see my new baby nephew for the first time , I wont see him again until next year, they live so far away. I really want to hold him lol.

Comments (13)