basil

pomegranate wonderful

eustoma taxes blue bell double purple, white, pink

crape myrtel purple, red, pink

heavenly bamboo

rose : david austin herritage

mexican primrose pink

purple moss verbena

clematis mr president, duchess of edingburg.

Comments (18)

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

you have mail
    Dorothy

• tweetjoann
    15 years ago

I would be interested in your triple yellow and double purple Datura seeds...LMK how much postage to send

thanks
    JOANN

• ollierose
    15 years ago

Would you be interested in David Austin Golden Celebration in exchanges for your David Austin Heritage?

Thanks!
    Diana

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

I am interested in some or your triple yellow datura for postage.
    jim_6b

• virgiebaby165
    15 years ago

I would be interested in 5 each of the Yellow Triple Datura and Double Purple Datura for a SASBE. Thanks for offering. See if I have anything you might like in exchange also.

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

I thought your offer was for postage only but I guess I was wrong. It seems to me that $2.00 for 20 seed is a bit much. They must be really big and heavy seed. I think I will pass on your offer.
    jim_6b

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry Jim I can affort to send out seeds for free as you would like . It cost gas and buble evelope and postal charge, since I live 15 miles from the postal.

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

I pass also,
    If people are sending you SASBE all you have to do is put them in your mailbox, no trip to the postage. No cost to you. Just alttle time and seeds.
    Thanks

• hong2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

tweetjoann , well buble evelope cost around 1.50 for small one. Usps, charge me last time to ship was 2.00. Tell me how much a seed pk cost you whenever you have to go to buy them? Add all the cost then email me and let me know how much you think they worth for pk of 25 seeds or more.

• tonyarf
    15 years ago

please let me know if you have any datura triple yellow and double purple seed left ? would like to have some seeds. please let me know. thanks tony

• michiganmama
    15 years ago

Hi! I am interested in the datura, both the triple yellow, and the dbl purple...and the broken 4 oclocks. Would love to send a sasbe, let me know what is needed for postage. Thanks, Fayth (michiganmama) fklauka@yahoo.com

• folktaxonomy
    15 years ago

What species of Datura? Also, I thought items for sale were not permitted in these forums?

• aquawise
    15 years ago

Are you sure you are talking about Datura? Sounds to me like Brugmansia Plants! Datura does not come in yellow or purple. White and lavender are the main colors of datura. They are related plants yes! but Brugmansia are not as hardy as Datura and come in a wider variaty of colors and flower types. Just want to be sure of what you have.

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Aquawise daturas come in yellow, purple, white, cream & bicolor white/purple.

Here is a link that might be useful: ABADS datura gallery

• aquawise
    15 years ago

I do stand corrected! I had no Idea that they had come so far. WOW. Are they all as hardy as the parent type. If so I would love some of your seeds. I have killed most of my lawn to make way for a water saving garden. I guess I better do some new reserch on the old plants. Thank you for enlightening me on this.

• karyn1
    15 years ago

The Metel varieties (doubles) are not cold hardy and don't reseed like some of the others do in my zone. They also have erratic germination rates but once they start growing are very low maintenance.

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

Honglee,
    I know it takes a lot of time to collect seed and then thereÂs the trip to the post office but I do it because I enjoy sharing them with other people. I have spent many hours collecting, packing, labeling and mailing bubble envelopes this year. I have mailed almost 50 envelopes in the last few weeks and the only cost was $1.00 for some plastic seed baggies and my time.
    It is actually against GardenWeb rules to ask for payment for seed and IÂm very surprised your offer hasnÂt been removed and you warned by the powers that be, or worse, banned.
    If you want to offer seed for postage as your post states all you have to do is email people your address and they will send you a bubble envelope with a return label and return postage inside. When you receive the envelope all you have to do is remove the label and postage from the outside and put the return postage and label on and then mail it. If you want compensation for the time you spend and the trips you have to make to the post office, you might want to try another site where it is allowed. I have actually thought of doing this myself but the enjoyment I get from giving my seed is more important than any money I could make off of them.
    jim_6b

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Honglee I love you to death but Jim is right. Just wait for them to send a sasbe w/postage. I also save and reuse bubble mailers and just ask for postage in a regular envelope when I have extras laying around. That saves the person who wants the seeds some postage. Shipping out boxes of plants is a bit different because of the supplies needed to protect them during shipping and a trip to the PO if your mailman won't pick up so asking for an extra dollar isn't unreasonable.

Sponsored