SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chelsea_2016

Best way to irrigate 20 potted blueberry plants from rain tank?

chelsea_2016
10 years ago

I'm starting from scratch here so I am open to most any ideas. I have two 600 gallon water tanks coming and will hopefully be full before the summer heat hits. I have a mix of 10 gallon and 7 gallon fabric containers. The thing is how to irrigate my plants with the rain water collected. I am leaning towards 2 ideas:

1. Hand water with a water wand and water breaker nozzle. Link in Add-it Fertilizer injector so I can easily fertilize while I water. Will need a small pump because the injector requires a min of 10 psi. Will have to water daily during the hot long summer. The water wand hooked up to the tank via garden hose will be much faster than repeatedly filling up a 2 gallon watering can :)

2. Automate the irrigation with a drip system kit I already have (still in box), but get Netafim Pressure Compensating Spray Stakes (http://www.netafimusa.com/files/literature/greenhouse/G014-PC-Spray-Stakes-Brochure.pdf). Will definitely need a small pump for this, already have an inline filter, timer, and backflow preventer. Will still use Add-It Fertilizer Injector. These stakes come in single spray or double spray.

Questions:
1. Which idea do you think is better, will keep blueberry plants watered better, etc
2. Do you recommend single or double spray stake for the pots? recommend one or two spray stakes per pot?
3. Any other ideas??

Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022