SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elkay_gw

How about a new pets thread?

elkay_gw
11 years ago

The old one is REALLY old and most of the pics are gone.

Ooh, so one of my favorite subjects - my fuzzy "kids"!

This is Kodi (Kodiak). We adopted him from a shelter when he was 6 wks old. The woman who owned his mother and siblings told the shelter she was going to dump them on the side of the road if they didn't take them. The shelter agreed to take them, but only if the mother was surrendered, also. The woman said, "Fine, I was going to get rid of her anyway because she keeps having pups". Imagine? What an idiot!

{{gwi:65178}}

Kodi is 11 yrs old now.
{{gwi:65179}}

I thought Kodi should have a friend, so I looked on Petfinder and saw Meadow. She was about a year old and had been in 4 homes. While in her second home, she escaped out of the yard where she was being neglected, and was hit by a car, sustaining two broken legs. She was treated and is ok.

{{gwi:65180}}

{{gwi:65181}}

{{gwi:65182}}

Dora was in The Newark, NJ humane Soc and was pulled by someone at the shelter where I volunteer. I felt sorry for her being caged much of the time and thought I would take her home and foster her. At least she would have a yard to run around in. Kodi and Meadow were NOT thrilled. I failed "Fostering 101" and wound up adopting Dora.

{{gwi:65183}}

{{gwi:65184}}

And last, but not least....this is Sky. One day I went into the shelter and saw this gorgeous guy there - I HAD to have him! Supposedly, he was abandoned in a park with a German Shepherd and picked up by the shelter there. A man came in to claim the GSD, but not Sky. He wound up at our shelter because they were overcrowded.

{{gwi:65185}}

{{gwi:65186}}

{{gwi:65187}}

Oh, and this is Patrick. He's a 25 yr old Blue Crowned Conure. I've had him since he was about 6 mos old.
{{gwi:65188}}

{{gwi:65189}}

Comments (13)