SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beccasmith_gw

Pumpkin Plants Suddenly Dieing

BeccaSmith
11 years ago

I need help! Last year about late August I had a few summer squash and zucchini plants wilt and suddenly die. I looked for squash vine borers but could not find any signs of them. This year I have several pumpkin plants that wilt and suddenly die....it seems to happen quickly. I've tried cutting the vines open on the dead plants but I am unable to find any signs of squash vine borers. I'm really stumped on what could be going on. The plants are all on drip irrigation and get good regular waterings. They all look healthy and happy. I'm concerned I am going to loose all my plants as one after another seem to die. Sometimes it is just one plant out two on a hill, sometimes one dies, then the other does the same thing about a week later....the pumpkins are not all the same type and they have been in the ground since early June and are large and healthy...or so I thought. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be going on if it isn't squash vine borers? So far the summer squash and zucchini haven't had problems yet this year. Also the pumpkins are not planted anywhere near where I had the problem last year. Thank you in advance for any help given!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County