SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctack2

WANTED: Seeds for Grandbabies Garden(s)

ctack2
16 years ago

I am new at all this, and I have a short pitiful trade list, but please check it out and see if I have anything that can sway you into helping me out here.

I am going to start 3 new flower beds this year and am looking for help. I have a 3 year old grandaughter and my daughter is expecting twins in January - a boy and a girl. Since this will be my only grandchildren, I want to do a garden for each of them, so am looking for anything you might think would be appropriate, or just something you'd like to share to go in it. My grandaughter that is 3 is named Alyssa Renee. The names of the new babies will PROBABLY be Caitlyn Joanne and Michael Scott, but those arent set in stone yet.

I will have 2 girly gardens for the grandaughters and a manly-man one for grandson. I am going to use a small tree as the specimen plant in each one - even though I wanted to use flowering bushes, but they grow so slowly. I have a huge yard, and can't wait to get started on planning the layout!

I would like things with any of the following in the name:

Alyssa - grand - kids - baby - precious - renee - lullaby - family - child - small - blessing - miss - missy - mister - sugar - spice - puppy - tail - snail - puppydog - mischief - or anything else you can think of that has a name symbolic of what the garden represents. Or anything else you would like to share to put in their gardens.

If I don't have anything you want to trade for, but still want to help me out here, I will gladly send postage or SASBE.

Thanks in advance - and have a great weekend!

Carol B

Comments (23)

• eclpsprinc
    16 years ago

How about these for SASBE?

Cosmos 'Candy Stripe'
    Batchelor Buttons 'Blue Boy'
    Papaver 'Patty's Pretty Pink'
    Nicotiana 'Heaven Scent'
    Nemophilia menziesii 'Baby Blue Eyes'

Melanie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

what are ya looking for?? :'))))

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Melanie - I love those names. They sound perfect. Send me a email at ctack2@aol.com and your address and I'll SASBE to you this week.

Mendontdo - I am starting with a blank slate on these gardens (well my yard, too) so really anything. I think I will put the more pastel colors into Caitlyns garden and the more vibrant into Alyssa's. Or maybe even go with different color pallettes in each of them....pinks and colors that go with pink in Caitlyns and peachy and colors that go with peachy colors in Alyssa's. And of course, in Michael's I will go bold and bright, with blue as the predominent color. I am envisioning the girls gardens as dainty and wispy and the boys as bold and bright - like crayola primary colors.
    Of course all this is just what's in my head. It's not in my seed box yet. And a lot will be determined by what I find and what I get in trades.

And anything with a name that is appropriate for the theme will find a place in one of the gardens.
    Carol

• newarkslones
    16 years ago

i can dig through to see what I have but I have TONS of stuff so I can send you plenty....email your address to me at newarkslones@aol.com and I will get some out to you. You can return $ when you get it as the address and postage amount will be on the package

krista

• ddkcat
    16 years ago

Hi - would like to trade for your pansy, marigold and hollyhocks; from your wishlist I have heirloom tomatoes, celosia and love lies bleeding. Could I send you my list? Doreen.

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Krista - you have an email

Doreen - yes, please send your list to me at my private email, not through GW.

thanks to you both,
    Carol B

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i'll see what i have, email me your addy and when i find the stuff i'll send it out, i'm interested in your sheet to keep track of seeds. man!! that'd be cool!! seeds multiply worse than flea's!! LOL i got that bug!! LOL :'))

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mendo,
    I sent the file to you. It is an Excel file.
    Thanks again,
    Carol

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Hi Carol! Sending you an email...~Angie

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Melanie,
    Your SASBE is in the mail
    Thanks,
    Carol

• moonfairy17
    16 years ago

if u want to send as sase ill gladly send you white and purple rose of sharon seeds i just harvested.
    moonfairy17@yahoo.com

• jacoblily
    16 years ago

Hi Carol I'm sending you an e-mail
    Michelle

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Melanie,
    Got your seeds and am on my way to rate and review board. Thanks so much - they're great!
    Carol

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I want to thank everyone who so generously sent seeds to me for my grandbabies gardens. (and those who are going to but haven't yet).
    In thanks, and to give me just another chance to brag, here are pics of the grandbabies that you are planting gardens for. They were born on the 18th by scheduled c-section.
    Katelyn JoAnne 5# 13oz. 19" long 1:16PM EST
    Johnathan Scott 5# 12oz. 19" long 1:18PM EST

The big sister in the picture is Alyssa Renee, 8# 6oz. January 6, 2004.
    Mommy is Lois Renee, 6# 12oz, Feb 24, 1975. lol

{{gwi:96514}}

{{gwi:96516}}

{{gwi:96518}}

Again, thank you all for what you have sent, and for what is going to be sent. These precious babies will know how much they were loved by all who donated.

Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year to each one of you.
    Carol B

• raelyn218
    16 years ago

I have some morning glorys and Texas wildflowers that you can have. Email me and I'll get your address and send it out tomorrow.
    -Leslie

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Can someone let me know if you can see the pics or not? Someone emailed me and said they couldn't. When I come here I can see them, but I don't know if it's because they are showing up or because they were put on here from my computer.
    I only need one person to say they can see them, unless of course you all want to tell me how beautiful they all are. LOL. Just kidding........one person seeing the pics will be enough for me to not try to correct it.
    Thanks.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

No, Carol,

I can't see them. I see a box with 2 tiny blue boxes and a pink triangle in it, or something similar to that.

Usually I can do a right click on that box thingy, and then view image and it will open the pic in another tab. It didn't do that this time. When I try to do it, it doesn't open a new tab, but instead leaves the thread here and goes to the main Photobucket page.

Did you copy the HTML TAG found below the pics at P-bucket?

Sue...rbb

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes I did copy the Photo bucket html. Hmmmmmmm. Let me think. Or can you think for me? lol
    Carol

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

lol! Carol you crack me up! Silly!:)

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, now I'm seeing big boxes with and X in them instead of the pictures. What the heck??????
    Carol

• Xtal in Central TX, zone 8b
    16 years ago

What I have to offer isn't exactly what you asked for, but it's a great plant for children. Are you familar with Soapwort? The roots contain saponin which makes it foam like soap when you squeeze the roots. My young 3rd cousin couldn't get over how cool it was for something to actually make "soap'. She was facinated with it. The roots spreads easily enough. So, you could use it over and over and still have plenty left for another demo.

I've never collected any seeds, but I have the rooted plants if you'd cover the postage, I'd be glad to send you some.

• ctack2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That would be awesome xtal, but do you think we should wait until spring? I would hate to lose it to a freeze and it's pretty cold here at night now. I will keep an eye on the weather forecasts and let you know when it might be safe.
    Can you email me directly with your addy and I'll go ahead and send you some postage money so you have it when 'the coast is clear'. lol
    Thanks,
    Carol B

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Hey everybody Carol asked me to try to post these pics for her,I am hoping I can get them on here for her! Fingers Crossed!!!!
    {{gwi:96521}}
    {{gwi:96523}}
    {{gwi:96524}}

{{gwi:96525}}
    {{gwi:96526}}
    {{gwi:96527}}

Sponsored