SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_355114

Recipe: Pizzaghetti

Pizzaghetti

1 lb angel hair pasta
2 15 oz cans pizza sauce (or make your own)
1 can black beans, drained/rinsed (optional)
2 cups milk
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2-4 cups grated mozzarella
3 eggs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp garlic salt or to taste
3 bay leaves or 1/2 tsp powdered bay leaf
pepperoni + favorite pizza toppings (mushrooms, onions, g pepper, olives for me)

Bring 6 qts lightly salted water + bay leaf to rolling boil. Add pasta & return to boil, cook 2/3 the time suggested while oven preheats to 350*, stirring pasta occasionally. Drain pasta & rinse with cold water/drain well/remove leaves. Beat eggs & milk together, then add Parmesan and seasonings. Add beans, mix into the pasta, pour mixture into a greased 10x14 baking dish. Arrange so pasta mixture is flat. Pour sauce evenly over the pasta - don't mix it in. Top with mozzarella, then pepperoni, then the pizza toppings. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the pasta is set (45 - 60 minutes). Let it rest 5 minutes covered with the original foil, then cut in squares & serve with a spatula. I usually uncover for the last 15-20 minutes baking time. Oink!

Al

Comments (3)

• rachelthepoet
    11 years ago

Al: this is great! My New Year's resolution is try more new recipes, so I'll print this out and throw it into the mix. Thank you so much for sharing. I will keep you posted after I bake

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I hope you enjoy it. You might want to do a half recipe. Unless there are big eaters, the full recipe with a lot of toppings will feed 4 twice. Our favs are pepperoni, GP, shrooms, & onions. We just cleaned up the leftovers last night, in fact. ;-)

Al

• rachelthepoet
    11 years ago

Thanks for the serving size warning. There are only 2 of us, so that could make a week's worth of meals! :D