SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ooojen

No Respect!

ooojen
18 years ago

I'm going ahead with Venetian Plaster in the living room. It's not as difficult as I was afraid it would be. I think all the experience I've had with tile adhesive, plaster and joint compound have made me learn to handle a trowel, which makes all the difference. (Not like I think I'm WonderTroweler, but the more you handle those things the less awkward they become.)

I just did one small wall last night after I got the stuff - about 40 square ft. I figured on waiting until I had natural light by which to work, but like a kid, I couldn't wait to see how it'd go & how it'd look.

I got the wall prepped, put another coat of primer on, troweled my little heart out and proundly showed my work to DH. He said, "So what are you going to do with it when it dries? Sand it down and paint over it?"

Yes, that's right. I'm going to spend a few hours sanding off the texture I just worked so hard to trowel in, and then I'm going to cover up those pesky tone-on-tone shadings with a coat of paint. ARRRGGGHHH!

Apparently he doesn't see Venetian plaster the same way I do.

Comments (7)