SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlmib_gw

blueberry bush near the house and a good companion for biloxi

MLMIB
13 years ago

I'm new to outside gardening and so I have 2 questions.

I found a good outside location to start my garden, but it happens to be right next to my house since it is one of the few places that has a few hours of decent sun. So 3 questions:

1) I bought a blueberry bush and I'm wondering if it is ok to plant it near the house/foundation in light of the blueberry bushes desire for acidic soil?

2) I heard planting the bush in a plastic bin helps to prevent the leaching of the acidic soil I'll probably end up giving it into the nearby plants who might not want it. is this true and does it matter that the only one I could find is one with the holes in the bottom for water to get out, meant for above ground potting.

3) what is a good partner bush and does the biloxi need one to be as productive as it can be? I've read a bit on the new ozark blueberry line and I thought it'd be a good second bush if needed and if it can grow up here in maryland well. Is this is a good choice, are there others I should consider?

Thanks for all the help, I just want to get this right so I can enjoy the blueberries and garden for years to come without having to worry about interactions with my house 'causing damage

Comments (4)