SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
francis_eric

WANTED: wanted wild grape seeds for crossing, have some

francis_eric
16 years ago

I sent some of this to A very helpful grape breeder, and he sen't me some seeds That Im saving for myself, but have some others.(vitis riparia_--MAybe vitis vulpina description below)

I don't want to sound like Im braging, but I every one has their qualities, and drawbacks.

The reason I believe, I could have success, at breeding grapes, (and other things) When I cook I just throw what I think might taste good then when my instinct says it's time to stop I usually do.

IM VERY INTERESTED IN cross breeding plants I also HAve flowers to trade, but I don't have the full list.One or two might be mixed up.

gentian

Chilopsis linearis -- desert willow

campsis red trumpet vine No Edible uses ---No E. uses known

siberian wallflower erysimum times allionii

cleome lots of different things come up.

Rosemary --Rosmarinus officinalis

Melissa officinalis -Lemon balm

--

Sweet William Dianthus barbatus

Hydrangea Hydrangea serrata --leaves- or sweetener

Acalypha australis Family -- euphorbiaceae ( wattle -- most likly (Acacia has wattles, and a couple others)

drk---- or dark Pink cosmos

The grape vitis riparia, and what I've done with it.

about vitis riparia(meaning river bank grape), it is a small wild grape, I seen some as large as a marble though,It has a mulbery taste very potent, and acidic, but I also seen a grape with pea size berries(maybe V vulpina)

They can be watered down into juice, 10 lbs with sugar in gallons(vulpina I have with 3 gallons total volume of sugar/grape/water) of water(maybe __about__ 2 Lbs sugar(4 cups) to every gallon of water-- I know it is the alcohol percentage I start with 13% for dry wine)

I told somone else The humidity here In IL last year was 100% this year 86%, So They can handle humid.

____ I just think If I were to cross breed somthing

It could be enjoyed far away even after I wasn't alive, like poems.

Comments (2)

Sponsored