SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenkitteh

Care package for a soldier

gardenkitteh
16 years ago

A friend of mine is going to Iraq in a few months. He usually comes to my house for tea and soup when he is sick and it isn't serious enough for a doctor. I won't be able to take care of him where he is going, but I want to send a care-package with him. None of the herbs can be narcotic, of course (no poppy seed), but I want to send him with a little bit of home.

I figured you guys could help.

So far I have a lavender/catnip/chamomile tea for relaxing. I have zinc lozenges for colds. I have mint/orange and lemon peel/ clove/ cinnamon/slippery elm tea for sore throats.

I'd like something topical that can be applied to cuts and scrapes, hopefully in powder form. I'd like something that might help a tiny bit for clotting and disinfecting. I need something to either prevent or cure athlete's foot. I'd like to give him things for day to day problems. I doubt he'd have time for herbal medicine if he's seriously injured, after all.

Any suggestions?

I have family members who were stationed in Iraq. They think that he shouldn't have too much of a problem laying hands on hot water. Tinctures would be problematic unless made with glycerin, I'm thinking. It does need to be small and light-weight. Dried herbs and a tea ball, or stuff that can be applied topically are ideal.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions