SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blueboy1977

Blueberry Updates and Pics

blueboy1977
12 years ago

Just wanted to share some of the progress Im making with my plants. Almost all of the SHB are done flowering with a few stragler flowers here and there. Rabbiteyes are almost done flowering with the exception of Powder blue which still has half of its buds closed still but starting to swell and Brightwell is still putting out a few flowers. Hopefully Brightwell stays flowering long enough to pollinate Powderblue!

Did alittle researching and I think Ive figured out why Emerald dropped so many fruit this spring. It seems all the rain we have been having came at the wrong time for Emerald. All the humidity caused the plant to get blight on some of the developing fruit buds. Only some were effected but next year I will spray a fungicide early in the year if expecting lots of rain. Emerald was the only plant to get blight on fruit buds. FYI

Here are some pics of my collection to date. Sorry for the glare on the plants. The pics were taken at night and the dew on the leafs and berries make it look white from the reflection of the flash.

Uknown Rabbit Eye, propigated last Sept.

{{gwi:68226}}

Young Sweetcrisp from FHN

{{gwi:68227}}

{{gwi:68228}}

{{gwi:68229}}

2 more Sweetcrisp from Just Fruits and Exotics

{{gwi:68230}}

{{gwi:68231}}

Emerald from JF&E

{{gwi:68232}}

2 year old Emerald and a berry pic

{{gwi:68233}}

{{gwi:68234}}

Gulfcoast berry pic

{{gwi:68236}}

Southmoon with a flower pic

{{gwi:68238}}

{{gwi:68241}}

Sunshine Blue

{{gwi:68244}}

{{gwi:68246}}

Bountiful Blue berry pic

{{gwi:68248}}

Alapaha Rabbiteye starting to grow!

{{gwi:68249}}

Bluegem Rabbiteye starting to grow!

{{gwi:68252}}

Austin Rabbiteye starting to grow!

{{gwi:68254}}

Beckyblue Rabbiteye with berry pic

{{gwi:68256}}

{{gwi:68257}}

Brightwell with berry pic

{{gwi:68259}}

{{gwi:68260}}

Powderblue early developed berries

{{gwi:68262}}

Missing pics of Woodard, my camera battery died before I could get to it. Other than that, all is good in my neck of the woods so far. Im about done picking strawberries in my patch, veggies are sprouting, blackberries are blooming, and the citrus are growing! Life is good!!!

Comments (12)