SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alrightypewriter

Ready to Give Up on Anaheim Pepper Plant

alrightypewriter
13 years ago

The title says it all. I have run out of ideas of how to remedy the situation of blossom drop on my Anaheim pepper plant. It's growing in a 4.5 gallon container with some cinnamon basil (thought they were friends).

My first idea was that maybe the size of the container is too small but I'm growing choco bell and banana peppers together in a 5 gallon container and while I probably shouldn't have done that, those actually have lots of fruit on them.

I have been following the same watering regiment with all of my tomatoes and other peppers. I feed it Miracle Grow tomato plant food which is 18-18-21 per the instructions on the box. Already tried Epsom salts both on the leaves and into the potting mix. Temps have been typical So Cal weather in the mid to upper 70s. I covered the pot with a lighter color since the pot is black. I also tried to just leave it alone and do nothing aside from watering. Still, the buds dry up before they open or they open but just fall off.

I did see some earwigs hanging out in the pot but I haven't seen damage so I let them be.

So I dunno what to do aside from just getting another plant. And adding insult to injury, this was my replacement plant for another Anaheim that was stolen from me. And that one had peppers on it! Can't win them all, I guess.

Comments (3)