SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Flea beetle damage or something else?

10 years ago

Noticed a lot of my tomato plants getting holes in leaves while still in pots hardening off. Planted these hybrids earlier in the week, the plants aren't wilting and the new growth looks dark green and no holes yet, wondering what this could be? Been hot and dry, then cold and wet here, but as I said these were in pots until this weekend, and when it was raining hard I took them back in the garage. They weren't sitting on the ground when hardening off either, but on gravel or a stone wall in a plastic tray.

I would think bacterial speck but they hadn't been really wet or splashed dirt on, and I don't know if that makes holes - so I was thinking flea beetles (have them on the brassicas and maybe the brambles) but would the tissue start dying and turning brown around the holes? The brassicas just have holes, no brown dry spots.

The heirlooms don't look as bad (maybe because they are bigger plants with more leaves) but have these holes too. All plants are from seed in Fafard #2 potting mix and none had damage until last week during the hot weather hardening off.

Comments (3)