SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miss_kitty_gw

Where oh where should my poultry go?

Miss_Kitty
18 years ago

I'm at the point where I have to choose. And your input and experiance is needed to help me decide what to do.

Should the chickens and ducks have their own stall (the current situation) INSIDE the barn? With a ducky door to an outside pen? This means cutting a hole in the brand new barn, (I don't like the idea of a hole in my brand new barn all that much.) However, an 8 x 20 foot covered run will keep the chickens out of the flower garden and the ducks off the porch!

Or do I put a door to the duck pen on the aisle, let them out and in just like the horses? This means that to keep them out of the front yard I will need to run an electric wire close to the ground. Later on I could do some creative financing and get them an outside coop and run all by themselves.

The two speices present two different problems. The chickens have killed my flowers and the ducks are making a horrendous mess on the porch and in the yard. This was acceptable for this summer, but is not the way we want to live long term. And they don't really get along that well in the poultry stall. (about 7 by 11)

All your input will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Kitty

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH