SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perennialfan273

Money making tips to help pay off land

perennialfan273
13 years ago

I'm thinking buying a small parcel of farmland along the west coast of Michigan. It will be 50 acres. The soil is good sandy loam. I don't know the pH, but I know that they are not growing blueberries there right now, so I'm assuming blueberries wouldn't do well there. I plan on planting some apple and peach trees, but while I'm waiting for the trees to mature, I need something to provide me with a small supply of money to help make the monthly payments. I need something that can be harvested continually year after year and that will mature fairly quickly. If worse comes to worse, there is also a farmer who the current owner leases the property out to every year. This brings in a little over 5K annually. Any tips that you have to help pay this off would be most appreciated. Finally, I'd like to say that my goal is to have an organic farm, so I'd like to grow something that won't require a lot of spraying. I'm willing to do organic stuff, such as using bacillus thuringensis, but no chemicals.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations