SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Anyone have trouble with the heat?

catherinet
15 years ago

Hi all,

I think I'm going to live.......but it sure wasn't very pleasant.

This hadn't happened in awhile, so I guess I forgot how sensitive I was.

I'm alone this week. Hubby and son are on a camping trip. I don't have friends.

The garden is a weedy mess because of all the rain we've had. I decided I needed to work on it today. Fortunately, the weather is nice.....only 71 degrees!

I took out a lawn chair and lots of water, and began weeding.......and sweating profusely. I stopped a couple times and drank water and sat down.

After about 50 minutes, while weeding, I couldn't hold a thought. Then I wasn't sure I knew how to get back to the house. Bummer.

I got into the house, and still had major problems holding a thought. I began drinking lots of water, orange juice, and I took a potassium pill and had a little salt (although I shouldn't have been low on salt, after what I had for lunch several hours earlier).

I'm doing better, but gee.........what a scary thing. I was thinking for a few minutes that I needed to call an ambulance. We live way out in the country.

I had forgotten how I have problems with heat and sweating. I guess I should have drank alot more water before I even went out. But when you feel great, its hard to think you can lose it so fast.

I've been in for about 40 minutes now, and I'm feeling a little better, but still having some thinking issues. My heartrate is still about 100. I guess that tells me that I need an exercise program!

I have always sweated alot more than most people.....even when my weight was normal. (I'm overweight now).......old and overweight. :(

Does anyone else here have to be real careful working outside? Do you seem to get dehydrated unusually fast?

What do you drink ahead of time to help keep you from dehydrating? Is gatorade really useful?

Thanks.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH