SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djofnelson

Any of Stark's Exclusive Varieties Worthwhile?

15 years ago

I normally order from a combination of Burnt Ridge, Adams County, Nourse, Hartmann's and Peaceful Valley (Dave Wilson stock reseller), as well as buy plants locally from Vintage VA Apples and Edible Landscaping. I'm planning on placing an order for the first time with Stark Bro's in order to get a potted Chocolate Asian Persimmon (I can only find bareroot chocolate AP's elsewhere and I've read that asian persimmons are harder to bareroot transplant). Since this I'm very happy with the quality, price and selection of the above listed nurseries this might be my only Stark Bro's order and I was wondering whether anyone here recommends their exclusive varieties relative to those available elsewhere? I saw there was some skepticism on a recent thread regarding their own hype about their exclusive varieties and my initial impression was the same.

Based on recommendations here, I was also planning on ordering a Superior plum, as well, because it isn't offered by any of my other regular sources.

Comments (18)