SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ansony_gw

Dumping Cats Sometimes The Only Humane Thing To Do

ansony
16 years ago

Well, sometimes you can't blame people totally for dumping a stray cat in your neighborhood. (Although dumping them in the woods or out in the country isn't smart!) We had a stray show up at our home in the suburbs- she is sweet, but my husband won't let her stay because she destroys our gardens. We tried every type of barrier and deterrant that we can afford, but the cat is very stubborn and will even poop over a chicken wire barrier. We can't adopt her as an indoor cat because our current indoor cat of 6 years would not tollerate it. Faced with this problem and not wanting to take it to the pound where after only 5 days they are euthanized, I set out contacting EVERY shelter and cat organization within 50 miles. Guess what? All are full! Even the cat adoption program has a 4 month waiting list. Apparently it's kitten season, so nobody wants adult cats- they end up on the chopping block! So what are we supposed to do? I tried putting ads in the paper for adoption, asking everyone I know- no luck finding a home for the cat. So, here's what we did: I took her in, spent $70 having her spayed and shots. Then, once she was fully healed, we drove her to a quiet suburban neighborhood and dropped her off. Why? Well for one, we figure SOMEONE will take her in- most people we know aquired their cat as a stray. Someone who does not already have an indoor cat can take her in and have her as an inside cat. Either that, or they will call animal control and the cat will be taken to the pound. At LEAST she has a 50/50 chance! No way will she starve to death in a neighborhood full of people- she'll do just what she did when she came to our home...she'll show up at the doorstep, and the people will either take her in or call animal contol. So, sometimes it's the only option, unless you think taking them straight to the pound where they'll be killed is better than at least giving them the chance for adoption.

Comments (56)

• ksfarmer
    16 years ago

""spent $70 having her spayed and shots. Then, once she was fully healed, we drove her to a quiet suburban neighborhood and dropped her off. Why? Well for one, we figure SOMEONE will take her in- most people we know aquired their cat as a stray. Someone who does not already have an indoor cat can take her in and have her as an inside cat. Either that, or they will call animal control and the cat will be taken to the pound. ""

Why do you think the next person will be so kind and concerned? Maybe their kid will torment the cat with a bb gun, or maybe their dog will mangle it. Your kind of thinking is very naive. The next person won't even know you neutered and vacinated the cat, it's just another stray someone dumped.

• bulldinkie
    16 years ago

Either that or maybe get run over in the neighborhood street or get in a cat fight have numerous injuries and suffer,or no one would want it and it would go hungry for days,Malnurished get diseases .sounds like the right thing to do jut dump it off.......

• Related Discussions

feeding a cat only human grade

Q

Comments (27)
    My mom has for years bought skate fish and cooks it up and then puts it into containers for both cats and freezes it up and then pulls out each container when needed and thaws it out and then puts a bit on plate and then heats it very slight in microwave oven like 7 seconds, depending on wattage of oven as cats like fresh and food they can smell. Canned stuff like that is not good unless its specfically for cats as they can end up with problems. They need to eat dry foods so look for a really good one, go on the internet and check out ingredients as there are some really good ones on the market but also depends if you can buy them where you live. The dry food is they need for their teeth as they need to chew as just soft foods will give them bad teeth, my mom feeds our one cat burmese skate fish and he isn't eating the dry food like the other cat and has bad teeth.
    ...See More

Cats suddenly peeing outside litter box sometimes- LONG!

Q

Comments (5)
    "Any thoughts? Suggestions on how to get them stop? Aside from getting rid of dog :P I've read some about wall plug-ins that emit a scent that is calming to cats- but it looks really expensive- not sure I could afford that, especially if it only works for some cats." Too many times this happens, people simply MUST have a puppy then wonder why the cats don't react well. That dog needs to be absolutely contained when in the house. You have effectively displaced the cats with the unrestrained dog, and their reaction is completely normal. What you need to do is get the cats to the vet -NOW- to rule out physiological damages caused by the traumatic upheaval in their home. You really don't have a choice, the cats need professional help. The dog needs to be restrained and trained from the moment it enters the home til the day it dies. You need vertical elements in the home so the cats can escape the dog and maneuver the rooms without needing to use the floor where they're just going to be chased. You need to restore their former litter pan and substrate, and please add at least one, and preferably two more pans in different areas where the dog cannot waylay the cats. The pheromone plug-ins seem to work wonders in homes with only a few cats so you owe it to them to at least try it. Not being able to afford these steps means that you cannot afford to have pets. You're not being fair to any of them if you cannot afford their needs. Yes, I am being harsh, but I don't believe in glossing over terrible mistakes. I've seen far too many cats thrown out by people who displace them with puppies. Your responsibility is to the cats FIRST.
    ...See More

Do you allow your cat(s) on coffee table

Q

Comments (29)
    I married a butcher/meat cutter. I am a very clean cook, but I also am a cat lover. I could not believe my spouse when we married to his objection to cats, and it all came down to the counter issue in a nutshell. He is an animal lover, and we've been married over a quarter of a century now, and he also loves the cats. I don't voluntarily let my cats on or near the counters or tables, but I have to laugh because I've done the squirt gun routine for years, but I also know that they find their way there when I'm not about, and occasionallly 'forget' to jump down and hide when I come into the kitchen. My beloved little siamese/tabby mix was particulary fond of my advent wreath and would curl up inside the ring of it, with candles and bulbs all around her. She was an inside only kitty, and I suppose it reminded her of the great outdoors with the scent. I have to admit, that neither I nor my husband removed her from her throne. As for people who do not 'like' cats, I don't trust them because I suspicion they are likely control freaks who can't abide animals who don't drool and slather at them in worship and who can't respect personal space, mine or my cat's. LOL. Cat haters will also be quite open about your animals with a look of distaste on their faces and a smirk. Anyone who can sit in your house and rag on your beloved cat would just as easily tell you your kids are ugly and they don't like them either. ;-) As the old saying goes "love me, love my cat(s)" However, I do respect people with cat allergies. I warn them beforehand and we often visit in our gazebo, instead...or at least I keep the kitties in another part of the house, so they're not jumped on or smooched. BTW, as for clean counters, I just 'assume' a cat has been on mine, whether I see them do it or not. I use a cutting board I keep put away, and I also bleach/sanitise my counters before I cook. I have a picture somewhere of my siamese on my puter counter with her head submerged in my mug, drinking my iced tea. I tried not to think about that, says the lady who keeps her cups of tea parked all over the house.
    ...See More

Sometimes I can only shake my head and wonder how they got that way

Q

Comments (42)
    What's this, cynic - you brought tinder ... but no matches/(lighter?)? Yesterday, I visited the snowmobile-accident-confined landlord in the hospital, then went to United Way to work on this year's list of charities that my tax-free-capitaI-gain-stock-when-sold-to-support-a-charity is to assist. Then came to this city library till I'd planned to visit my son ... ... visiting the bathroom on arrival and, after my two-hour limit on the city's computer ... ... again when I stood to leave. On becoming aware that my bag was no longer with me ...pretty sure I didn't pick up my bag n the bathroom at the time of the second visit. Returning today ... no report of a bag turned in. Didn't take it in to son's place, or to a store or two I visited. Did someone pinch it out of the car? Whatever ... the stuff in it is no longer available. Guess I'll have to start out my accumulate my (bag-carried) stash of survival stuff all over again. Wait a minute - my bank book was in there, too! (Rarely-used credit card ... in wallet in my pocket). Oh, well!!!! ole joyful ... most of the time.
    ...See More
  • caavonldy
    16 years ago

We have taken in strays while having several resident indoor cats. They learn to get along with each other in time. We had 5 when a skinny, sweet guy(already neutered) showed up at our door. He was so thin that he looked like a walking skeleton. We took him in, fed him, got him his shots. He has turned out to be DH's faivorite cat. There was a little hissing and growling among the cats for a few days, now they play together and sleep in a large furry lump. What is importaqnt is that the cat be tame. It's really hard to try to tame a wild feral cat that has been on it's own for a while.

• chickenpea
    16 years ago

-what about the poor person who gets bitten trying to help that poor scared cat and then the cat runs away?a nice series of rabies shots because who knows what that cat has!

• swvirginia
    16 years ago

Humane? Not!

It's against the law to do that in Virginia.

• velvet_sparrow
    16 years ago

This train wreck of a thread needs to be deleted. :(

Velvet ~:>

• paulns
    16 years ago

I'm sorry to see you get dumped on ansony. Your intentions were obviously good and you made every effort. Maybe you could have put a message rolled into its collar saying 'I have been spayed/neutered and given my shots, please take me in". Collars are reassuring.

A solution not mentioned yet is to put the animal to sleep oneself. Rather than traumatize their beloved, dying cat by driving it sixty miles to the vet for an expensive injection by a stranger, friends of ours stayed home and used monoxide poisoning - car exhaust - I forget the details.

I am not a sadist. There's no way around it, it's a dilemma with no easy solutions. In an ideal world pet spaying and neutering would be free of charge.

• busterlovesit
    8 years ago

Idiot

• Melissa Ostant
    8 years ago

Wow! There are programs and funding that do spay and neuter for free or are at low cost. You just have to do your research and contact local shelters that may be able to help direct you to some help. Here is the other thing, cats are born with a strong urge or pull to what they consider home. So if you drop them off, their instinct is to find their way back home. That means where ever you drop them, they won't stay, instead they will try to find their way back and most of the time will be attacked, eaten, run over, or starve to death. A very few fortunate cats may find a kind person that loves cats and takes them in. There are more cat haters than there are cat lovers, and many cruel people that will harm them. All cats will convert to feral if abandoned and left without positive human contact. Stray and feral cats are not a cat problem, it is a human problem, because they would not exist if humans were not so irresponsible.

• bowlerchick
    8 years ago

I have TNR'd just a few cats, and they usually clip the tip of one ear as a sign that the cat is sterilized. Usually, these cats are returned to the wild, but cared for and basic shelter provided by a caretaker. They aren't abandoned!

I was able to find good homes for all (except one), by being persistent, networking and taking great photos. The exception have lived with me for about 6 years. She is very feral, so no one wanted her. But I have no quarrel with her. She uses the litter box like a champ, gets along with my other cats, and gives me absolutely no trouble. Outside, from a distance, she looked like she was doing ok. Once trapped, and I got a closer look, it was obvious this was not the case. She was a starving kitten herself, who was nursing kittens of her own. I don't believe she would have lived outside if left on her own.

I've always had cats (least = 2, most = 6, preferred & current # is 3). It's natural for them to get disgruntled when another comes in. Always quarantine the new guy until they get a clean health check, to protect your own cats from disease. My favorite male was horrible whenever a new cat came in; I believe he would have killed most of them. I always had to cage the new cat at first, with a safe cardboard box retreat inside the cage. After a week or so passes, and they get used to the new smells, and they get over it with maybe some minor squabbling here and there. Often they become the very best of friends.

There are times when an animal needs to be euthanized, and it's never an easy thing. A kind putting down, in my book, always beats a cold, starving, frightened or painful death, which is very likely to happen to abandoned animals. When I've had no other choice than to euthanize, I've had a vet do the job, but I always stay and hold them during the process, so the last thing they feel is kind, familiar hands they trust and loving words from a familiar voice.

• Tammy Napier Richards
    6 years ago

It's easy to think you have the solution and easy answer based on your own life experiences. Everyone has made their opinion and given advice and some even resulted to insults and name calling. Real mature. As an avid animal lover and advocate i sympathize and relate to many opinions. Let me tell you what I have ran into. People keep dumping cats where I live because it's populated, by a lake and woods. I had two pregnant females in the freezing cold trying to have kittens so I brought them in. We had to section off two areas because we have three dogs and my daughter is allergic to cats. I have posted on social media, bulletin boards, ect. trying to find homes. I've placed two. I have ten cats I cannot find homes for. We have strays outside that will kill or run them off, they have no clue how to live outside, our animal shelter is refusing to take cats. I've called every no kill shelter and shelter in a two hour radius every direction all turning away cats. I cannot keep them. The neighbors are already mad at all the strays spraying on their cars, tools, doors, and everything in sight. And no thanks mister, I'm not a killer. Meanwhile the price of litter, food, dewormer, flea guard is running us over 100.00 every couple of weeks. Something has to give and I have not found one single solution in all of this. So don't be so judgemental of this person. We try to help these animals out from freezing to death and end up with an ongoing unsolvable problem. So when everyone including shelters of all kinds say no what solution is left? My husband and I are in arguments constantly about dumping them because neither of us can find any possible solution. So if anyone has a miracle solution to this i would love to hear it. Thanks.

• Tammy Napier Richards
    6 years ago

It's easy to think you have the solution and easy answer based on your own life experiences. Everyone has made their opinion and given advice and some even resulted to insults and name calling. Real mature. As an avid animal lover and advocate i sympathize and relate to many opinions. Let me tell you what I have ran into. People keep dumping cats where I live because it's populated, by a lake and woods. I had two pregnant females in the freezing cold trying to have kittens so I brought them in. We had to section off two areas because we have three dogs and my daughter is allergic to cats. I have posted on social media, bulletin boards, ect. trying to find homes. I've placed two. I have ten cats I cannot find homes for. We have strays outside that will kill or run them off, they have no clue how to live outside, our animal shelter is refusing to take cats. I've called every no kill shelter and shelter in a two hour radius every direction all turning away cats. I cannot keep them. The neighbors are already mad at all the strays spraying on their cars, tools, doors, and everything in sight. And no thanks mister, I'm not a killer. Meanwhile the price of litter, food, dewormer, flea guard is running us over 100.00 every couple of weeks. Something has to give and I have not found one single solution in all of this. So don't be so judgemental of this person. We try to help these animals out from freezing to death and end up with an ongoing unsolvable problem. So when everyone including shelters of all kinds say no what solution is left? My husband and I are in arguments constantly about dumping them because neither of us can find any possible solution. So if anyone has a miracle solution to this i would love to hear it. Thanks.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    5 years ago

Take them to a nearby farm, they can be working cats there catching rats.

• bettiegrimes
    5 years ago

I live on a farm. I now have 9 dogs and multiple cats due to people dumping their pets here in the country. I swear to God if I ever find the people who do this we will prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. JUST BECAUSE WE LIVE IN THE COUNTRY DOESNT MEAN WE CAN TAKE YOUR UNWANTED PETS. I’m about to go broke paying for food and medical care for these animals. Stop doing this!!!

• summersrhythm_z6a
    5 years ago

My goodness, you sure have a lot of hot air! :-) You failed to let your cats being working cats to catch rats or rabbits at your farm. How did that happen?

• Christina Turner Kuhn
    5 years ago

I started out with one cat, which turned into 4 and two of them kept getting outside, and having babies. My husband, who did not want to ever get any of them fixed, works all the time, so he is not the one who has to deal with the cat puke, the cat poop, pee, ticks, fleas, and torn up stuff in the house. Nope. He will not get them shots, he will not get them fixed, he will not lift a finger to do anything except to change the cat litter box. I have had a transplant and I am not even suppose to be around ANY of this...I am going to drop these cats off. I am sorry, but nobody for over a year now will take these cats. Only kittens go when my husband puts a sign out for free kittens. They are adorable, and loveable, but I do not have a problem any longer with letting any of them go. If the shelters continue to not take them in, and the vets continue to charge an arm and a leg of getting them fixed, and shots, and whatever else, then the heck with it. I have NO choice, but to drop them off. It is either THEIR health, or MINE...I am human, and they are not. It is going to be sad, but I will get over it. As of today, I am done with this mess...I will NEVER own another dog or cat in my life. I would rather have fish.

• HU-874725845
    3 years ago

Actually so many of you are gross. Dumping animals like trash. Disgusting.

• HU-844263697
    3 years ago

Unless you are up for adopting stays and feral cats, you no have right to judge people who are struggling to find a solution. it’s similar to solving the growing homeless problem. Most of us want the homeless to have homes, but how many of us are building them homes? Or contributing toward a solution?

• HU-342494159
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I tried to find a home for the stray that came to my door wanting in. I posted on all the local found sites and social media pages, looking for an owner, or a inside home for this cat. Keeping this un-neutered male cat that I knew nothing about was not an option since I have 2 small indoor dogs, who do not like cats, I myself am not much of a cat person either, anyway, my puppers could not even go out to potty in my fenced yard, this cat would jump the fence, and they would chase, which resulted in my 14 year old shih tzu getting scratched on the nose by this cat, this was the final straw. I called Animal Control, who told me they would neuter vaccinate and return to my area, that was not a solution to the problem at all since this cat was determined to be an inside cat at my house.
    Sometimes there is no other choice.

• HU-485718953
    3 years ago

You could of put a house in your backyard for the cat

that was very cruel to abandon an animal

• wlindloff
    3 years ago

We run a trap-neuter-return program in Northwestern Wisconsin for free-roaming cats and to see this post on Houzz is very disappointing. It is NEVER okay to dump. It happens WAY too much. The idea it's someone else's problem keeps the cycle going. Shelters and rescues can not solve a problem that a community of people creates, it needs to be done together. There are ways to help without bringing a cat into your home. Many organizations will provide materials to house and keep the cat safe like a wire kennel, bowls, litter, etc. By people keeping the cats safe makes the process go smoother and faster. Many organizations will provide a low cost or free spay/neuter, put up a courtesy post, and/or put you on a waiting list. Just because it isn't an easy process or takes longer than a few days/week doesn't mean the founder should take the easy way. If you think about it, the first person who was responsible for the cat let it and community members down by letting it go. The number of people who ignored it as it ran around outside, let it and community members down by letting it go. Maybe someone did find it and dumped it by you thinking the same thing. The fact it's sticking around the area means the cat has found shelter, food, safety and by dumping a cat somewhere else means you have taken every thing that is safe to them and placed them in new dangers. Whether you like cats or not, dumping (and not spay/neutering) creates a viscous cycle. No matter how anyone looks at a stray/feral, it is NEVER humane to dump them. A great site to check, not Houzz, about this situation are Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and Ally Cat Allies. I urge anyone who finds a free-roaming cat to seek help and not demand it. Every shelter and rescue can offer something, so ask for that. Because together the number of free-roaming cats can be reduced. Thanks for reading and be sure to ALWAYS spay/neuter and provide ID!

• J- Mosley614
    3 years ago

I ben tryn to find someone to take 4 cats for dam near a year no one wants them n I'm pretty sure they will just get killed at the shelter and i have 2 dogs that will kill them so they've ben stuck n a room ther whole life the one was here when we moved here n got pregnant so told my cousin do somthing with them he said he would take them to his apartment complex people will see them n keep them then he comes and tells me he put them in a alley I feel so bad now smh

• Ivan Kintober
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

i just put them in storage room with ac and cat litter...and i always feed them twice a day..so don't judge me...its never good idea to drop anywhere else..cats born on my lot..they got stuck with me after whole dam year of no response from animal control to take them in but instead..i get tickets for having too many outside...so i put them in detached room..ac and clean..so far no animal shelters are open to my requests of taking them in..but sadly whole year pass from a no response for entire year...i even text them..i still get not a response..so what i did...is .F...IT ...F...THE WHITE MILLENIAL TARD next door..he won't last in his new house purchase...due covid-19 and his job is only weakness he has..

• HU-569090676
    2 years ago

It should be never an option, sorry you are wrong! Even if it’s not your pet, I honestly believe that sometimes even the last option- Animal Services is better than dumping it somewhere else hoping it becomes someone else’s problem. Chances are nobody would care at all in that area and animal will die slow painful death, can be injured and suffer for quite a while before it dies. Animal service should be last resort but still better than dumping it who knows where. They cannot say no, why last resort- no guarantee it won’t be euthanized. But it still has a chance to be adopted, plus what is more humane in your opinion to be humanely painlessly euthanized by professional or die slow painful death?

Plus if kind people happen to find that cat ( chances are not very high) most likely they still will be forced to take the animal to the very place you could have brought it to. You just give someone else your headache.

I do feed we managed group of strays and even if daily fed and spayed/ neutered their average life span Max 4-5 years. I said well managed but sometimes some “ bright” people would dump their unwanted cats/ kittens not fixed so I guess in your opinion it’s ok, right? Cause people like me have nothing else to do but catch them/ fix them and then feed them for 4 miserable for them years, right?

• Cindy Delgado
    2 years ago

My husband 3 days ago took 2 of my 6 cats and left them about 2 mi away from home. one because he kept urinating on the floors and the house wreaked of urine. and we have a 2 yr old toddler and the other because a couple of the other cats didnt get along with him. but i had them for 13 yrs and 8 yrs 🥲🥲🥲🥲

• Debbie Giovannettone
    2 years ago

Was looking up some informatiion online to help me with 3 wk old kitten. IMO, there is NEVER an excuse to dump akitten, cat, puppy, any helpless animal. we share this planet with them for chrissakesis sakes. Your anger, frustration should be at the irresponsible humans who feed strays without getting them fixed. Rescue organizations help, but you gotta make the call!!

• PRO
    MucknStuff Consignments
    2 years ago

That was against the law and did she get ear tipped if not and if someone did adopt her and wanted to make sure she didnt reproduce then she got put through 2 surgeries. That poor cat.

• Lisa Cintas
    2 years ago

Well dumping a cat is totally messed up! 😡That is probably why I have freakin 8 cats now, (2 we adopted on purpose 7 years ago) but now we have 6 who kind of just showed up over the last 7 years skinny, hungry, terrified....we got all of them spayed/neutered, on flea meds, and we take them to the vet for illness/injury....it is a lot and overwhelming at times, but what to do?????💔😥 stop dumping cats jackasses!!!

• HU-842855800
    2 years ago

Unpopular opinion: before cats became domesticated they were feral wild animals. They have claws and teeth to hunt and yeah some will be hungry or meet an early demise. The thing of it is, they can adapt. Natural selection will always be a thing. It’s not inhumane to dump a cat if it was already outside. it is however if its been a pet and known nothing but a warm home. sometimes the best thing is to spay/neuter and release because overall there is a huge cat population and not enough resources to give them a chance in a nice family. the no-kill shelters are full, the clinics are full, and nobody wants anything but kittens. its sad to say but most adult cats will be put down which i believe is inhumane. especially if theyre just unwanted. i’d rather release and let them choose instead of deciding if their life is worthy or not. besides no animals is going to enjoy a life in a shelter cooped up in a cage when they could be free in the wild

• PRO
    MucknStuff Consignments
    2 years ago

Could have advertised as natural rodent control for a barn. Its illegal to dump cats. Predators kill them ppl shoot and poison them in neighborhoods.

• Sammy Monte Christo
    2 years ago

Way to go, you've managed to mistreat and traumatize a cat twice in a row. How does it feel, being the absolute scum of the earth? You spent $70 on a cat, probably had it come to trust you, just to abandon it AGAIN and put it back on square one. You can't think as far as you can throw, can you?

• Jen Murphy
    2 years ago

People like you, the Cat Dumpers, are part of what's wrong with the world! You make me so angry with your entitled little speech!!

As a farmer, who has rescued more than her fair share of abandoned house kitties.. I'll tell you what happens to them when you dump them at farms..

I just rescued one.. from -15C temperatures. A beautiful male, with his claws clipped, and still intact (probably why you dumped him, you couldn't afford to get him fixed, and he was spraying everything.. so you just dumped him in the middle of winter. Nice)

That one was lucky.. the Bobcats, owls, coyotes didn't get him first. He is covered in cuts, terrified, and so very broken hearted. The already established barn kitties, who have been fixed, and vetted to not spread diseases, have beaten him up badly.

The unlucky ones.. if they don't get eaten in the wild, beaten by the existing colonies, freeze to death, or starve to death.. will be culled by the farmer when the population gets too big. So again. Nice of you to put that on someone else.

The SPCA will take surrendered kitty's. They will fix them and give them good homes if they can. If they can't they will give them to farmers like me as part of the barn kitty program.

Don't ever. Ever. EVER DUMP a Cat!!!!

Be a better Human.

• B Baby
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Im a cat person and and have 2 of em. however i feel her pain. I woudnt want no animal poopin and tearin up my yard. a pregnant cat came in and my cats didnt like her. she stunk up my house Nd ate too much. sent her right back outside because she was already an outside cat. plus one of my cats got an eye infection so she had to go. i wasnt gonna put up with her being fussy to my cats.

• HU-345315672
    2 years ago

Cat lovers are unreasonable. I love animals. I have 2 cats ages 13&14. I take excellent care of all of my animals. I refuse to sacrifice my garden/flower beds for stray or feral cats. They have to go. I am having that problem now with a neighbor feeding amd providing shelter for the cats. They are not spayed or neutered so they keep multiplying. Neighbors including myself kept the pressure on until he did away with the shelter and we take up any food. If we could catch them I would take them to the shelter. If they are suthanized...oh well

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    2 years ago

This is how we ended up with 15, yes 15 stray cats. Because people keep dropping them off. We take them to the vets, spay/neuter them, get them their shots. Our shelters are totally full, These cats have been put up in heated outdoor houses on our property. I care for them and keep them safe. But make no mistake, I do not want 15 stray cats. This is at least 15 people who refused to take responsibility for getting a cat then caring for it. Instead they made it my problem along with thousands of other peoples who care for the dumped animals in this country. Out right horrifying that some of these people have kids and that these are the lack of ethics they have. Just teaching their children to not take responsibility or develop the skills to solve problems.

• LaDonna Hayes
    2 years ago

Soooo, you dump unaltered cats in the country to reproduce, get sick, suffer, then die, and during this whole process you've made a problem for other people. What a good person you are...to make your life easier.

• PRO
    MucknStuff Consignments
    2 years ago

We dont have a cat problem we have a people problem. Such a fine example of what not to do.

• HU-955620433
    2 years ago

I have many cats. We had a few who had babies before we got them fixed. Many Many, now gave passed away to Paradise. My Mom made me fump my kitty in a rich neighborhood years ago. i didn want to. i was 17 and to this day i still feel horrible about it. It is not a good thing to do at all. You have no idea what kind of people they will come in contact with. She may get lucky; she may not. I feel hirrible for that precious kitty. I don’t think you tried hard enough to get hee a new home. How about Humane Society, ASPCA or SPCA? Local or privately owned shelters? Our animal shelter here will call places in the area to see if they can take them. They may euthanize severely sick kitties or very mean, wild animals, but that’s it. Poor baby, i pray she has found a happy, loving and safe home. I am leaving this one up to God. i have faith and believe He will lead her to a special loving home. God bless you little kitty🙏✝️🐈‍⬛🐈✝️🙏. This is one human who sincerely cares about you. Be safe and I pray God has already led you to your forever loving home.

• Justin Sargent
    last year

I'm sorry but your whole opinion on on dumping off your cat an actually doing it, wow I can't believe what I just read. I sure hope you don't have children because from the looks of it, if things get out of hand or you can't control you your pets or children then I could see ya doing that same things to a child, your not rite in the head if you can just dump off your pet an I don't care how you acquired it, you took the initiative step an took that living creature in an it relied on you to be fed an be tooken care of. Then you do what you did to not have to deal with its happiness. Shame on you for taking in a poor cat that just wanted a family. Then to just abandoned it, I'm sorry but this bugs me an you need some help.

• Debra Bassett-Kiser
    last year

Wtf is wrong with this person. Dumping a cat is terrible. You cannot assume people will feed it. Seriously stupid and unkind.

• sadams85749
    last year

You can’t be sure someone will take it in. Right now i have 7 strays that i have taken in. Stray cats are a serious problem. The shelters are full. Wish animal control would do better.

• docmom_gw
    last year

Animal control is doing it's absolute best. The staff there and the administrators who run the organizations are at least as well educated re the overall situation of cat over-population as any of us. They resort to euthanasia because they understand it is the most humane option for unwanted animals. If you have an unwanted cat, take it to your local animal control center and let them deal with it in the most educated and humane way possible. People make it seem like "kill" shelters are the evil option. They aren't sitting waiting, drooling, over their next batch of stray cats they get to kill. They have exhausted all other options, and known that euthanasia, while unpleasant, is better than the other alternatives. If you are going to bother putting a stray cat in your car and transporting it somewhere, please take it to the nearest shelter--kill or no-kill. And offer a donation while you are there.

• PRO
    MucknStuff Consignments
    last year

Humans are the worst animal. Younare not superior to animals and they deserve the right to be just like you. Killing a healthy cat is a cop out way to deal with the problem and its just like a human to come up with killing as a solution. How about trying a solution which stops the problem before it happens wow what a concept. Ordinances, if you feed them fix them, if your a landlord out in your lease all.pets must be fixed. That includes landlords of trailer courts.

Kill shelters promote unaltered cats cause they why spend the money to spay when I can dump all.the offspring at the local open intake kill shelter.

• HU-955620433
    last year

Why is it anout dumping cats and ending their lives? It’s not their fault that people don’t take better care if them. i guess it’s okay to let a pack of stray dogs run around and do whatever they want and kill cats and other animals and bite humans, etc etc. Why are you so down on cats all the time??? Kill the cats; get rid if them. that’s all you crazy people think about. They have just as much right to live as anyone or anything else. No one us ever complaining about all these stray mangy dogs running around. They have broken into my yard and killed my cats. They had no right to be there, AT ALL!!. Leave the cats alone!!!!!! Your properties would be over run with mice and rats and snakes if it weren’t for cats. i am sick if hearing cat haters complain!!

• Curious Cats 4 TNR
    last year

Lets see if i got this correct?!? So this cat was bothersome to you because of the cat things it did being a cat. So you took your bother and dumped it off in a different area to be someone eles bother? is that correct. well hell that makes it all better then at least your not bothered. wait did you say you had it fixed? that was good really it was all cats should be fixed rather they belong to you or not. so what you actually did was abandon a cat without making arrangements for someone to care for the cat. which is aginst the law its call animal abuse and its not only a state law its also a federal law

• Curious Cats 4 TNR
    last year

And before you come for me because of my comment look at my user name. that says what i do. and not only that i make deterrent for ppl who dont want cats in thier yards , car ect as for cats killing wild life yes they do but the number one killer of wild life is humans we destroy their habitat, make obstacle that kill them( buildings, cars) i could go on but you get the jest

• Eli martin
    last year

I fixed the problem easy, i catch them and take them to the shelter. problem solved. had to many around and they keep showing up. must have taken 20 to the shelter by now

• Bryce Anderson
    last year

Notice how the self-righteous haters in here do not offer solutions. It is easy to dog a person for doing something, but the challenge is to say what should have been done instead. The stray cat crisis is outrageous, and people who don't want to own cats don't know what in the Hell they are supposed to do when they get stuck with cats they don't want. Nobody has any answers!

• HU-970485903
    last year

What you did was animal cruelty and abandonment. There is a reason why one never ever relocated feral cats. Same for strays. Where they are that's usually their home they are familiar with. Dumping them in a different neighborhood causes them to be list andand scared. You should have dumped your husband instead.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting