SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atlcharm

Do you allow your cat(s) on coffee table

atlcharm
11 years ago

My two cats are not allowed on the kitchen counters or the dining room table for obvious reasons. They are allowed on the sofa. I haven't considered changing that because I love cuddling with them up there. What am I supposed to do, sit on the floor when I wanna rub my cat? Jumping on the sofa can be annoying when I have company (usually cat haters). Not sure what to do about that.

My dilemma is primarily the coffee table. Thankfully, only one of them has interest there. I've thought about training her not to jump there, but when she's there it is only because I'm on the sofa. So her being on the coffee table is directly correlated to her being in my presence. She will jump on the coffee table and lay there looking up at me. Of course, if I happen to have food there she may check it out. I really don't care. My worry is when I have company, if we are lounging in front of the TV, of course we will have food and drink there. I am worried that may cat will embarrass me so to speak. What does everyone else do? I'm thinking I should train her not to jump on the coffee table. I'll have to figure out some other way to keep her occupied and entertained if she can't do that. I'm not sure how to train her without it being punishment since I've allowed it for so long.

Comments (29)