SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wackedpatti

She's B-a-a-a--a-c-k!!!!!

wackedpatti
18 years ago

I don't have the foggiest notion whether anyone here will remember me or not as it has been about two years since I posted...but it has been a very BUSY couple of years!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Sewcrazynurse for posting the roll-call thread! I have lurked for a few days trying to see who I recognized and your responses were JUST what the doctor ordered!

DH, Son&Heir and I have FINALLY moved in to the "house on the hill" we built and have always dreamed of and worked hard for! Because of all the planning, it felt just like "home" the very day we moved in (one month short of being a year ago) and we had all the details nailed down so well beforehand that I think we could have walked around in the dark that first night without even bumping into the furniture!

We have a mere ten acres just south of Tulsa but have so much fun being "pretend" farmers that it ought to be illegal! I haven't made much progress toward the cut flower farm plan yet (working full time to help finance the dream!) but the method-in-our-madness of planting 100 plus blueberry plants has paid off not only in the freezer and future farmer-market hopes as the plants become more well-established but it also allowed us to retain our agricultural property tax designation. (Along with a few other considerations like hay, chickens, tractors and so forth.)

At any rate.....SOME of you were QUITE patient with me as we began this journey and after being off-line a couple of years while working our fool heads off, it is a delight to be back in the forum and to truly feel like "Farm-Life" applies to little ole ME! (Considering that there is no "Pretending You Have a Farm-Life" forum!

It was lovely to see some old names in Sewcrazynurse's thread and I look forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones!

Thanks for still being here!!!!

~~Patti

Comments (3)