SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alex_z7

Happy Dance-Curb Shopping!

alex_z7
19 years ago

Yesterday my h and I were returning home from a nice afternoon out when I spied a pile of stuff on the curb, waiting for trash pick-up. Stealthily I scoped it out, trying to see through the pouring rain if there was anything of interest to me. I thought I could make out the white edges of a tea cart, but I wasn't sure. I let it slide, figuring I would drive back by w/o my h in a little while. But, being sick, I forgot all about it, until this morning.

So I drove back by a few minutes ago and....PAYDIRT! Not only did I see a white metal teacart (w/ an intricate-design base on both tiers, and in good shape, just needs some rust sanded and a coat of white Rustoleum), but I saw a few white chairs, too! (One of our kitchen chairs is biting the dust, so it is quite a timely find.) Even the seat cushions were the right fabric--red and white checks--although they are wet now. Maybe I can dry them out, since they were not attached very securely, just pull the fabric off and dry it out.

While I was loading the 3 chairs and the tea cart, I also snagged a window box (there are dirt and bulbs still in it, wonder what kind they are?), some very long and wide bamboo blinds, a wooden 2-level stool, and a military box, I can't think of what the correct term is. It's kind of like a steamer trunk.....maybe a foot locker? It's a little beat up but it's good enough to hold some of my gardening stuff, or whatever I decide its use will be.

Hmm....I'm thinking about going back for the playpen. It's a big one, and would be a nice movable composting bin until I decide where to site the permanent one(s).

I may have to go back and see what else is buried under there.... to cheer myself up until my dr's appt and meds are on their way, ya know, lol.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County