SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
guitar7100

brussel sprouts

guitar7100
15 years ago

Hi all first off let me thank all of you for being here and being so helpfull and nice

I just have a couple of questions one is my brussell sprouts are not looking real well i have 5 plants they are about 3 months old anyway i'm worried because one of them has semmed to have shrunk and is starting to i guess i would say shrivle up the other ones havn't seemed to get smaller but there leaves are also tryng to shrival up it has done alot of raining here in northen Illinois so i was wondering if maybe that has something to do with this problem or if there was something someone could tell me that would help me i sure don't want to lose my brussel sprouts!!! My next question is about my brocolli this is my first year trying this tasty vegi so my question is this i have 5 plants that are 3 months old they all look real healthy but one of them actually has a brocolli head on it and its been growing there for about 2 weeks i was wondering if this `means the other plants are not going to grow anything or if its just taking longer.............they were all planted at the same age.....sorry if this sounds like a stupid question maybe i'm just in too big of a hurry to see some progress from all this work. My last question is do you actually have to pollinate all your vegis by hand or bug for them to produce fruit i was under the impression that if you planted a cuke it would just produce cukes and if you planted watermelon it would produce watermelon are we saying then that our plants have to be a hermaphrodite or have a pollinater to produce? And once again thanx to all for your advice

Karl

Comments (4)